- Department - Centralised Procurement
Reporting to - Head Centralised Procurement
- Manage all Procurement activities including IT items in line with approved Procurement Policy, Outsourcing Policy as well as in accordance with other defined policies of the Bank.
- Minimise procurement costs and lead times of cross functional resourcing by using appropriate methodologies practiced in the industry viz. rationalisation, negotiation and efficiency.
- Select appropriate suppliers and contractors for cost effective procurement with ethical purchasing and sustainability.
- Continue building the relationships with all vendors to make them feel that they are partners of the bank for mutual benefits and prepare them to be most competitive in their transactions with the bank
- Follow procurement policies, suggest for its refinement to improve based on recent procurement deals, to minimise the overall cost of purchase and bring further improvement in the Services.
- Tendering, Evaluation, Placement and monitoring of procurement process.
- Should have up to date knowledge of procurement related legislations in Oman & Gulf Regions.
- Able to manage all procurements including IT and Projects in a cost effective manner
- Maintain all services contracts and annual maintenance contracts and ensure their timely renewals by timely follow up with the user departments as well as with vendors.
- Conduct the procurement process in the most transparent manner that helps to build confidence and develop strong sense of loyalty by the vendors with the bank.
- Adopt Appropriate and Innovative methods.to negotiate by building suitable strategies.
- Coordinate and be in sync with Finance department in all procurement related activities.
- Build a good communication rapport with all departments and provide them assistance in following the procurement procedures. Help the departments in arranging prompt deliveries of their genuine requirements by having a close liaison with the vendors.
- Ensure efficient management of procurement, measurable cost savings and acquire quality products and services.
- Assess the requests from their justification perspective and advise requestor, wherever needed, which can ultimately resulting in cost savings.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on their pricing, quality, service support, reliability, reputation etc. and use them while processing user requests while inviting Bids and in their evaluation before awarding.
- Be a team player and provide continuous guidance to team mates in achieving department goals
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate / Post graduate in Science / Engineering having:
Around 10 years of work experience, handling multiple Roles and Responsibilities related to IT procurements.
Demonstrable evidence of previous significant cost savings and efficiency improvements
Having developed strategic sourcing process
- Preferable qualification: MBA/ Qualified as CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply)
- Having good IT Technical knowledge and experience in procuring IT items
- Ability to review complex IT project contracts and negotiate commercial terms
- Having good experience in Procurement practices, systems, tools and negotiation techniques
- Should have good analytical skills, commercial knowledge and negotiating skills
- Should adhere to confidentiality and integrity in business transactions
- Should have Strategic bend of mind
- Should be Self-motivated and self-driven and be a multi-tasker
- Influencing skills with strong written and oral communication
- Developing Self & team
- Analytical and problem solving
- Having Integrity
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Team Player
- Effective communication and influencing capability