- Job summary
Responsible for overall management of the dairy herd, including milking, herd health, and breeding, up keeping of facilities and Feeding.
1. Proposes a strategy to ensure optimal milk yield.
2. Prepares schedule of vaccination and breeding.
3. Monitors routing injuries and illness in animals and treatment.
4. Oversees fodder reservation such as silage and hay making.
5. Controls the milk hygiene and quality.
6. Supervising the handling of milking machines and maintenance
7. Conducts least cost formulation for feeding of dairy cows
8. Supervising employees in all phases of the dairy, including the following:
Ration preparation and feeding
Raising of replacements
Upkeep of facilities, grounds and equipment
9. Monitors the Administration of BST which is looking over body condition and notices any health conditions that should receive immediate attention.)
10. Monitors the ID provision and maintenance of the ID to each cow.
11. Performs other related activities as assigned by Chief Operating Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of cow physiology, life cycle, and factors affecting health and milk production.
Understanding of and ability to work with modern milking equipment and automated feeding system. Ability to organize and maintain herd health and breeding records.
Experience: At least 10 years experience in dairy farm activities out of which 5 years as Dairy Farm Manager.
Education and Training: A minimum of BSC Degree in Veterinary, Animal Science or related field of study. Relevant trainings in the area of Dairy Farm Managements are advantages.