- Agrastar is a newly formed an integrated agri solutions company that is a joint venture between Chin Corp Myanmar, Agrocorp International Pte Ltd (Singapore) and Riverwest Capital (Singapore). The goal of the company is to establish itself as a leading provider of quality agri commodities coming out of Myanmar into the global markets. The first initiative of this joint venture is to set-up and commence operations for a 500 ton per day rice mill and parboiling plant. The location of the plant is in Dadeye, 80km out of Yangon.
- Review and familiarize themselves with the design of the plant
- Partake in the commissioning of the plant equipment
- Conceptualize the standard operating procedures of the plant
- Assist in hiring quality machine operators and maintenance staff and managing them
- Daily management and coordination of plant operations including production, logistics and maintenance
- Controlling all aspects for rice transfer, handling, parboiling, milling, bulk storage and packing
- Managing stock control & reconciliation and ensures optimal use of machines for quality rice production
- Identifying training needs and develops training plans for the rice plant team
- Ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
- Ensure that the plant meets daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly standards of production volume and quality
- Hit targets concerning plant down times as well as incident free operation
- Network with farmers and ensure a desired quality of paddy input arriving in a timely fashion
- Develop and manage the strategies, plans and budgets as agreed with the CFO and the Board
- Maintain supplier relationships to ensure that equipment maintenance and upgrades is done in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Location: Dadeye, Myanmar (80km from Yangon)
- Background requirement (Minimum):
- Bachelors in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience as plant manager for a white rice mill and 10 years of operation in a rice mill.
- 5 years of operation in a parboiled rice mill
- 3 years of experience in paddy sourcing from farmers
- Graduate degrees in rice mill operation and agriculture
- Experience in Myanmar, Vietnam or Thailand
- Ability to speak Burmese
Background requirement (Plus):
Minimum Contract Length: 2 years
Start Date: November 2016
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org