- Designation: Safety Engineer (Process)
- Provide risk assessment support through reviews; facilitate HAZOP studies, Layers of Protection Analysis and other risk analysis is techniques and tools.
- Approve all Requests for Engineering Support (RFES) and Plant Change Request (PCR) related to NGL plants and Terminal areas and ensure that proposals are Techno economically feasible and will be safe to implement.
- Represent Companys, Operations in all safety meetings (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL etc.) related to all Major Engineering FEEDIEPIC projects implementation, and ensure all projects engineering documents related to safety shall comply with companys safety requirements.
- Responsible engineer for all process safety issues related to RFES, PCR's, studies & projects and ensure that any change proposal is technically feasible & safe to be implemented.
- Represent Gas Operations in all safety meetings (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL etc.) related to all Major Engineering FEEDIEPIC projects implementation for NGL plants and Terminal areas.
- Decide all safety issues related to Technical studies and FEEDIEPIC projects documents issued by Engineering department & contractors.
- Review and compare the existing facilities systems against established practices & standards and define where they fall short, recommend measures to bring them into compliance as required.
- Approve Project take over in particular that all safety equipment's are installed and operational in accordance with international & companys safety standards.
- Direct all safety related issues to various EPIC / FEED projects in NGL plants which is roughly equivalent to QAR 2-3 Billion per annum.
- Participate and assist Key role in developing safety policies within the corporate Department to ensure sustained safety behavior at work location during FEEDIEPIC projects implementation and ensure safety measures are compiled by the contractors.
- Manage all safety activities within Operations Engineering department and participate in safety tours and attend periodical safety meetings. Ensure all recommendations are followed up and implemented.
- Managing risks within Companys operation and ensure that, all departments know the potential hazards and associated risks in their operations.
- Ensure consideration of inherent safer design strategies and their effectiveness during any hazard evaluation.
- Provide all required assistance to implement the process safety management (PSM) within Companys operation and ensure all essential preventing control barriers are in place and working effectively.
- Regulate the safety related concerns raised by asset holders and external subsidiaries for joint projects and follow up implementation.
- Attend various meetings and Perform frequent site visits and recommends safety actions and plans possibly through safety process simulations to enhance corporate safety status and conditions and minimize potential risks to manpower and assets.
- Utilize a combination of PH & RA techniques to ensure the appropriate risk management decisions are made whenever required.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- HAZOP Leading Certification
- Minimum of Ten (10) years in Oil & Gas and other hydrocarbon processing plants especially process safety would be an added advantage.
- Must be fluent in spoken or written English and should have a good knowledge of computer skills.
- Recruiter Name:Nilesh DeladiaEmail Address:email@example.comTelephone:91-22-42459856
Industry: Oil and Gas
Job Location: Qatar
Benefits: Basic Salary + Single / Family Status Benefits (As per company norms)
Type of job: Direct Hire
Primary Purpose of the Job
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience: