The candidate should have in depth level knowledge of the below enterprise technologies and aptitude
Storage - EMC (VMAX) / IBM (XIV) Enterprise Storage
Servers - Lenovo Pure Flex and X-Series
Backup - IBM Tivoli
Monitoring - HPOV
Email - Office 365
Patching - IBM Endpoint Management (Bigfix)
* Assist in Planning and Designing of the Servers, Storage, Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Virtualization (VMware/Hyper-V) and Datacenter requirements as per the business plan and technology, and ensure that servers and Data Centers are properly monitored and administered by the team.
* Oversee the installation/configuration of Servers, Storage, Windows, Microsoft Office 365 Monitoring and Capacity Planning as per the IT Polices/ Standards and provide guidance to the users on its features and usage in order to ensure its proper use and improvement in performance.
* Identify improvement opportunities within existing systems, research and recommend new products /services and technologies to improve system performance. Undertake Product evaluation & pilots where ever necessary and ensure of knowledge on implemented solutions.
* Manage projects related to Servers, Storage, Windows, Backup and Monitoring.
* Disaster readiness is maintained as agreed and ensures regular DR exercise is done
* Ensure change management and agreed policy/processes are followed as per requirements.
* Attend to escalated issues and determine appropriate action(s) for resolutions. Provide report where ever applicable to management regarding problems, capacity etc.
* Manage IT assets related to datacenter, storage and servers and ensure they are properly documented and accurate inventory is maintained.
* Assist with Design/operation of Datacenter and related equipment e.g. CCU, UPS, EMS, racks etc.
* Manage data backups and restore for Wintel as agreed with the business.
* Assist in providing Wintel administrative and management tasks including Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Patch Management, and Monitoring Etc.
* Test and Deploy Windows/AIX updates and latest levels are maintained with the latest Security / OS Patch's level and are secured against unauthorized access. Ensure that all housekeeping tasks are done.
* Ensure all Servers and Storage are up to date with recommended Firmware/Software updates
Education : BE / BTech/ MCA
- Experience: 12+ Years
Job location : Dubai