BRAC is a global leader in creating large-scale opportunities for the poor. Founded in Bangladesh in 1972, it is now the world's largest development organization. Over 100,000 BRAC workers touch the lives of an estimated 135 million people in 11 countries, using a wide array of tools such as microfinance, education, healthcare, legal rights training and more.
- Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Exhibit discretion in overseeing all existing and new activities of Social Innovation Laband keep them aligned with organizations overall objective. Besides, proves to be equally discrete in overseeing most pilots and new initiatives implemented by Microfinance.
- Ensure consistent and effective scanning of new ideas, resources and technologies that are relevant to BRAC, and proactively sharing them with internal stakeholders, also evaluating the current state of to assist other program in decision making with valid data.
- Play a vital role in strategic and cross-program discussions through sincere support and participation.
- Conceive and drive BRAC-wide data management initiatives, which include piloting those across several programmes, creating BRAC-wide standards and policies and building capacity for data science/management.
- Plan and organize the annual Frugal Innovation Forum, also represent BRAC in international and local events.
- Assess and spearhead partnerships between Micro Finance with research institutions, consultants, and other types of partners.
- Generate grants and resources for SILs work; from grant writing to maintaining relationships with donors and potential donors.
- Bachelors in any discipline from a reputed university
- 3+ years in development or related field; ideally would have experience working in a number of different settings (i.e. non-profit, government, private sector, academia, etc.)
- International exposure beneficial
- Experience in managing external relationships, event management, and communications
- Management experience (2+ years)
- 2+ years experience with resource mobilization and grant writing
- Ability to build leadership and management capacity within team members, support them to improve their communications skills and writing
- Strong communications- Oral and written
- Open to new Ideas, possess learning attitude and resourceful in finding opportunities.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Comfortable working across a number of sectors, developing new domain knowledge and most importantly working in multicultural environment.
Additional Job requirements:
Salary Range :Negotiable
Other Benefits:As per organization policy
Job Location :BRAC Head Office, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Interested candidates may send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Apply Date:30 April 2016