- REQUIRED: You must understand the travel industry and be able to understand related terminology!
Our business is an online based, wholesaler travel agency. Our sales leads are from phone calls, emails or submission of forms on our main websites. We service land, air and sea packages in the South Pacific. We are looking for an experienced web programmer and web specialist. You will be responsible for coding websites from mock ups prepared by the design team. These mock ups will be in supported formats and the designs will be built within Photoshop suite of products.
You must be familiar with programming in the following languages:
- Microsoft Dot Net Framework (the Dot Net Nuke framework) and related architecture
- CSS and advanced CSS knowledge
- XML, REST, SOAP and PHP
- Ability to create and customise forms for websites
- Modern web based front end languages
- Content Management JOOMLA
Traditionally, you will need to be able to:
1) Interpret the elements in the mock up
2) Program them into the webpage
3) Ensure the programming is responsive and adjusts the browser with the type of device (i.e. responsive to tablet, mobiles etc.)
At the moment, as it stands, We have existing websites which have been built in Microsoft Front Page and which we inherited we took over the business. We aim to redesign these. The role will also involve
- Replacing the content on these sites
- Replacing the pages completely with the redesign
These websites are :
Our content wholesale and product loading system, explorer (www.xpl.com.au) and pushes via web services to our DNN MS net framework site (hideawayholidays.net.au).
All redesigns and replacement of websites need to take into account the fact that we do not wish to lose any rankings or SEO on the web page.
Any experience in SEO welcome but you might be working with an SEO expert.