Headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA, with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Altair Engineering is a leading global product design, consulting and commercial software product company. Altair India is a fully owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering-USA. Altair India's activities encompass (1) Software development for our MCAE suite of products - HyperWorks (2) Software development for our Grid computing framework PBS-Pro (3) CAE consulting projects for various customers worldwide (4) International technical support of our software products (5) Marketing, sales and support of our MCAE and Grid computing solutions in India and ASEAN Headquartered in Bangalore, Altair-India provides you a refreshing, open and rewarding work environment, where you challenge yourself constantly, discover your potential and enrich your growth. At Altair we offer you a career full of possibilities and progress. Altair is looking for young, energetic and ambitious professionals, with a desire to excel, who like to think 'out of the box' and who are driven to overcome challenges.
Position: Engineering Manager - CAE
Manages the activities of the CAE department. Recommends design direction in development, analysis and verification of new products, concepts, processes, or tools and improvements to existing products, processes and analytical tools. Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering principles and analytical techniques in a consultative role within the product development process.
1. Manages day to day activities of CAE department
2. Is responsible for providing input for forecasting engineering budgets and responsible for managing development costs to within the targets established for the fiscal year
3. Develops department budget and recommends staffing level to Chief Engineer/Director
4. Supervises assigned engineering staff, including: monitoring performance, preparing and administering performance appraisals, personnel development for continuous improvement, counseling, etc.
5. Represents the engineering department as appropriate on technical program issues both internally and externally
6. Coordinates the activities of department staff with those of other engineering, plant and service departments
7. Maintains affiliations with, and represents the company in appropriate professional, technical and educational groups
8. Manages product adherence to the various governmental standards
9. Develop methods and metrics to capture and assimilate relevant customer response data that facilitates insights to existing and potential road blocks.
10. Analyzing gathered data and deriving insights to identify improvement opportunities in business processes and efficiencies (e.g. resources, costs, customer demands, response time etc.)
11. Review and revise organizational procedures and guidelines to standardize processes for high quality productivity
1. Expert in FEA analysis (LS Dyna/Abacus).
2. Past experience in Acoustics/NVH is a definite asset.
3. Serves as a technical specialist, applying advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of expertise
4. Provides technical support for product design and development, verification methods, necessary analyses, etc.
5. Analyzes highly complex design problems and independently formulates engineering conclusions by the application of engineering and\or mathematical models\principles
6. Utilizes knowledge of current procedures, regulations, customer and industry requirements and practices to successfully create or assist in defining product specifications for a wide variety of complex issues in order to obtain new business, operational cost, timing, safety, reliability, quality, and\or manufacturing feasibility. Consults with engineering personnel regarding design specifications, manufacturing processes, legal, safety, and governmental requirements
Health & Safety Responsibilities
1. Conducts planned workplace inspections.
2. Seeks out and corrects acts or conditions, ensuring all safety and non-safety rules and regulations are followed.
3. Ensure adherence to established quality and housekeeping standards.
4. Review and adhere to CTCs health and safety, environmental, and quality standards, operating procedures, and policies.
5. Respond immediately to items brought to his/her attention with respect to hazards, defects or non-compliance issues.
6. Understand and uphold the policies that prohibit workplace violence and harassment.
7. Involvement in the accident/incident program, determine root causes, correct action and following-up to ensure completion.
8. In addition to the above, the duties include those specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Newmarket) or Occupational Safety & Health Act (Novi).
Qualification and Skills:
1. M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering required (PhD. in Engineering preferred)
2. Proficient in the use of FEA Software LS Dyna/ Abacus Required (minimum 10 years of experience).
3. Ten years of directly applicable industry experience in product simulation, analysis, testing, including 3 years in a supervisory or leadership role
4. Familiar with programming languages such C, C++, Java, HTML, MATLAB/Simulink, VB/VBA, Multisim, Python a definite asset.
5. Fundamental knowledge of CAD software (IDEAS, CATIA or NX).
6. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
7. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
8. Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple tasks with changing timelines
9. Must be flexible to travel on a short notice