MeTL is a fastest growing leading industrial and business house in Tanzania. We are into Agriculture farms of Tea, Sisal, Cotton etc, Exports and Imports of bulk commodities, Manufacturing - in Textile, Edible Oil, Soaps, Wheat & Maize Flour Beverage, Bicycle, Sweeten Suger etc. Supply chain management, Transportation, Marketing Division with chain of 30 branches across Tanzania. We have largest employee strength in private sector in Tanzania with multinational workforce from Europe, Asia and parts of Africa . To meet with our existing and future business requirements we are looking for competent professionals in specialized areas as per the description herein.
- Look into accident and injury claims company-wide, ensuring results consistent with company goals.
- Educate all personnel on health and safety policies and company safety goals.
- Research health and safety regulations, such as OSHA laws, and create company safety protocols.
- Supervise safety and security staff
- carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
- leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment;
- managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances
- advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
4+ years experience