- Consults with associates to plan and assess product & material needs. Ensures products and material inventory levels meet the current and future business needs. Directs the distribution and delivery process to ensure a Just-in Time approach. Develops and employs procedures that support cost and performance standards.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Analyzes resource needs, and market demand, and consults with management, operations, and marketing staff to plan and assess needs of products or material. Consults with producers of raw materials on availability and time lines for delivery. Directs, reviews, and obtains approval from COO all proposed product purchases and/or changes in approved products. Evaluates economic factors relating to the activities. Manages purchasing of materials, equipment, and supplies for the company. Reviews requisitions and initiates purchase orders for supplies and equipment. Determines costs and formulates and coordinates policies and activities to ensure profit. Refers to catalogs, product sheets, and other resources, and interviews suppliers to obtain specifications and prices. Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates, and awards contract to supplier with best bid. Evaluates contract proposals, directs negotiation of contracts, and coordinates with Senior Management to prepare bids and contracts. Reviews cost estimates and recommends contracts. Approves bills for payment. Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers. Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- 2. Oversees & Controls distribution of materials & equipments. Develops methods, standards, and systems to promote efficient resource utilization and security. Reviews logistics analysis required to support future procurements. Reviews new product plans and makes recommendations for product selection based on objectives and cost. Prepares reports for Marketing Manager and Senior Management. Establishes procedures for testing of products, material and equipment with departments such as operations and maintenance. Ensures all government regulations testing is performed and required results and/or approval is obtained prior to products being available for distribution. Reviews product failure data. Analyzes test results to determine material/product process causes and makes appropriate recommendations as required. Reviews ongoing performance results and identifies needs of employees. Implements coaching or mentoring partnerships as appropriate. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises 2-5 subordinates.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or 5 or more years related experience in a similar capacity and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in working with WMS (Warehouse Management systems) is a must.
- CERTIFICATE, LICENCE: Maintains a valid Drivers License.
- LANGUAGE, SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILL
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Works under the broad policy guidance and direction of the Chief Operations Officer.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or 5 or more years related experience in a similar capacity and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in working with WMS (Warehouse Management systems) is a must
Recruiter Name:Melvin Pais