- POSITION: Project Quantity Surveyor
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience in established construction company for marine civil works viz. Jetties / Quay Wall / Break Water / Sea water intake pipeline Project / Shore Protection / Onshore jobs
- Capable of quantity take off, after understanding and interpreting the tender specification, tender drawings.
- Experience on projects up to AED 50 million in value
- Experience in the lead site based commercial role on projects up to AED 50 million in value
- Middle East experience preferred but not essential
- Specialized experience in marine works or mechanical works preferred but not essential
- To evaluate and check all the tender documents provided by the clients inclusive of tender drawings, plans, specification, Bill of quantity.
- Check and review bill of quantities based on the tender drawings
- Segregate and measure all internal and external items according to scope of work and carry out quantity take off.
- Carry out the accurate quantity review of the awarded project to clear all the Clarification before final agreement.
- Must have working experience in CANDY Software
- Interim applications for payment (monthly interim certificates)
- Negotiation with Clients Engineer/QS to get timely certification of interim applications and issue of Interim Payment Certificates within the period stipulated by the contract;
- Timely issuing of notices required by the contract in respect of variations to the Client/Clients Engineer/Clients QS;
- Timely issuing of details of cost implications of variations to the Client/Clients Engineer/Clients QS. Interim particulars must be submitted in accordance with the contract;
- Substantiation, negotiation and agreement of variations with the Client/Clients Engineer/Clients QS.
- Issuing of notices required by the contract in respect of claims to the Client/Clients Engineer/Clients QS;
- Where the PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR is in a support role, external communication shall only take place when specifically instructed by his line manager;
- Where the PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR is in a lead role on a project communication may take place with the Client; Consultants; Main Contractor; Subcontractors; Suppliers
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Oil & Gas platform projects includes aviation fuelling system, oil and gas pipeline project, district cooling, Steel fabrication, Oil & gas installations in Estimation Dept or minimum 3 years site experience working on oil and gas pipelines, storage terminals, steel fabrication. Capable to prepare and oversee the preparation of accurate and timely estimates including the preparation of bid documents. Working experience in CCS (Candy) software is a must.
- Study tender specifications and project requirements and determine special conditions that may be ambiguous, present problems or result in unforeseen costs. Prepare tender proposal with necessary clarifications/queries, assumptions and deviations.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Investigate jobsite conditions prior to bid to evaluate site accessibility and any condition that would affect construction methods and costs.
- Estimate accurately each job and review the estimate with Estimation Manager in sufficient time to permit careful analysis, checking of calculations, and corrections as necessary.
- Invite bids from subcontractors and suppliers. Obtain bid estimates at the most competitive price early enough to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Revise quotations as required and create estimates for alternate designs and perform cost comparisons.
- Prepare pre-bid reports and update as necessary job progress schedule in coordination with the Estimation Manager.
- In conjunction with the Site Quantity Surveyor obtain project completion reports and work on improving existing estimating standards and system.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates for projects in the planning phase based on plans and specifications keeping current on market conditions and construction industry trends
- Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to read & interpret detailed drawings
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Tender specification studies and submission of quotations
Qualification: B.E (Civil) / B.Sc (Civil Engineering) / HND (Quantity Surveying)
Nationality : Indian / Sri Lankan / Filipino
Qualification : B.E (Mechanical)
Nationality: Indian, Filipino, Sri Lankan
Recruiter Name:Smita / Reena
Email Address:email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com