- Our client, Fiji Roads Authority (FRA) is a statutory corporate entity that was established in 2012 to manage and develop Fijis network of roads and infrastructure. FRA has made significant progress in managing multiple and large scale projects and infrastructure budgets. The success of the FRA model has resulted in significantly greater investment in the road and jetty infrastructure network than was originally anticipated.
- Leading the development of FRAs asset management strategies, plans and policies to enhance accountability and the management of risks
- Managing and maintaining FRAs assets through an effective asset management system
- Providing technical advice to management to improve planning, reporting processes and service delivery performance
- Managing FRAs technical data to ensure that the information is accurate and complete at all times
- Managing relationships and engagements with key stakeholders
- Leading, coaching and developing the strategy & planning team.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering or a relevant discipline
- Excellent technical knowledge and strategic planning skills
- Proven experience in a similar role at management level
- A good understanding of strategic infrastructure asset management. (Knowledge of the International Infrastructure Management Manual and PASS would be an advantage)
- Strong leadership and public relations skills.
- Planning the future transport network including demand and growth forecasting
- Providing information on transport network matters to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Monitoring and managing work priorities to deliver planning projects in a timely manner
- Developing initial design ideas for new or improved transport infrastructure
- Undertaking various research including economic assessments and social evaluations for planning purposes.
- A tertiary qualification in engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of five years experience in a similar role (integrated transport network planning)
- Proven experience in integrating the management of transport assets with land use planning and regulatory/social/cultural factors
- Strong research, reporting, written and oral communication skills.
As a result, the FRA has undertaken an organisational review to ensure that there is sufficient capacity and capability to ensure it fulfils its objectives. The key outcome of this review is the appointment of new technical and non technical positions for FRA.
The Fiji Roads Authority is seeking to appoint suitably qualified and experienced professionals to the following positions.
Strategy, Planning & Performance Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this role is responsible for managing the implementation, review and continual improvement of FRAs performance, strategy and planning frameworks. The Manager Strategy, Planning & Performance is also accountable for managing the special projects assigned by the CEO to ensure that FRA meets its business objectives. Key responsibilities include:
Qualification and Experience :
The Network Planner is responsible for undertaking transport network planning as well as monitoring the network performance to support FRAs objectives. Key accountabilities include:
Qualification and Experience
- A comprehensive job description can be downloaded from Fiji Roadways website.
For enquires regarding the position, please email: email@example.com
Application with a covering letter stating position applied for and explaining suitability for the role, together with a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees and telephone contact should be forwarded to;
C/- KPMG, PO Box 32, Suva, Fiji
or email : firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4pm, Friday 10th June 2016