Job Title: Cashier
Job Location: Riyadh, KSA
Nationality: Indian only.
Salary offered: SAR 1500 + Accommodation + Transport and other benefits as per law.
A. Job Outline –
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that receipt of cash, cheques, etc. are properly completed, recorded and processed in accordance with company procedures and ensuring that records of all transactions in Accounts Receivable system are prepared and maintained accurately.
Cashiers interact with every customer that walks through the door. They own the checkout and payment process. They are the last line of defense to ensure that every customer has an amazing experience. The ideal candidate is outgoing, talkative and energetic and able to move at a quick pace.
B. Duties and Range of Activities (Essential Tasks & Duties) -
· This Position is responsible to collect and process cash payments using manual and/or computerized accountancy processes.
· Receives payment by cash, credit cards, and issue receipts using a computerized cash receipting process.
· Inform customers of their bill and ask if they will pay in cash or through credit card and Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
· Handing over the RFID bands to the customers after payment and guiding the customers to the Dressing area.
· Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
· Provide customers with information on special and discounts, if any.
· Accurately and efficiently rings sales in accordance with established prices and markdowns, as well as capturing information and entering it correctly at the point of sale (POS).
· Maintain all necessary records and information in a secure and accurate manner to ensure that there is full information about cash transactions.
· Maintain regular contact with his department and internal accounting staff to receive and pass on relevant information.
· Take all necessary security precautions to ensure that cash is held in a safe and secure manner as per the Locker policy of the company.
· To perform any other duties as may reasonably be required from time-to-time.
C. Authorities And Responsibilities -
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Make sure that credit cards are returned to customers once they have been successfully swiped.
· Ensure that the counter area is kept clean and organized at all times (i.e. information friendly, Keeping Flyers, Browsers etc...).
· Tally cash at the end of each shift and handle discrepancies according to company policies.
· Maintain accurate financial records of cash collected, carrying out regular balances of cash transactions and resolving any discrepancies.
· Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
D. Skills & Experience -
· Good in Computers Skills (Microsoft Package).
· Strong customer service orientation experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree with 2 to 3 years of experience in a managerial role and previous Exp in cash handling position (as counter sales person).
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with written and verbal communication skills in English (Preferred Arabic).An understanding of IT systems, in particular Microsoft Dynamics would be advantage