- Ensure timely adherence to PM and predictive maintenance jobs with minimal backlogs.
- Reduce breakdowns and carryout the root cause analysis of breakdowns. Ensure standardization
- Facilitate the team in preparing the technical standards related to machine and spares.
- Review of the repair and maintenance expenses on periodic basis and prioritize the requirements.
- Identify ways to optimize the repair and maintenance cost.
- Capex preparation and projection execution. Review of the capex and task and theme activity schedules planned vs actual on a monthly basis.
- To ensure adequate inventory of spares/consumables at worksite so as to reduce the inventory carrying cost, recommend vendors for procurement for maintenance spares, reducing the NPA for mechanical spares and review them periodically.
- Plan for the internal and external training needs based on the skill matrix of the individuals.
- Prepare technical standards for mechanical sections.
- Facilitate and guide the team to improve their skills and competencies.
- Motivate persons to participate in TQM activities (5S,PSP, QCC etc.)
- To ensure mechanical reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of equipment for achieving production targets and high quality products to meet customers requirements.
- Ensure budgetary allocation for repair and maintenance expenses and capital expenditure related expenses of mechanical sections are utilized optimally.
- Ensure the development of subordinates and technicians to enhance the skill and competencies required to do the tasks assigned.
4+ years experience