We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Procurement Coordinator to work in Damascus under employment contract.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihood and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs). Protection/community service activities are provided to beneficiaries through 6 Community Centers.
About the job
The Procurement Coordinator has the overall responsibility for the timely and effective Procurement support required for the implementation of DRC Regular and Emergency Programmes and support services in Syria
Duties and Responsibilities
Planning and Operation
• Implement a sustainable and robust Procurement system for the efficient and effective support to all DRC Syria Regular and Emergency Programme and support services,
• Develop the Procurement Plan in collaboration with the Program Managers, and Emergency Coordinator,
• Ensure efficient and timely supply of all items from Suppliers and DRC Warehouses to the Beneficiaries via Distribution Points and individual issues,
• Ensure compliance with Donor requirements, rules and regulations where applicable,
• Liaise with the Emergency Coordinator, Area and Programme Managers on all Procurement and matters.
• Ensure that all DRC Procurement service providers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics,
• Ensure all Procurement Contract payments are processed in a timely manner,
• Provide timely Procurement and Logistics Reports as required,
• Participate in regular meetings where Procurement is an Agenda item,
• Attend internal strategic and planning meetings when required,
• Provide input for Project Proposals and Budgets,
• Build Procurement capacity
Organization, administration and personnel management
• Overall responsibility for the management of the Procurement Department and staff,
• Oversee the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct within the Procurement Department.
• Responsible to ensure that all the Procurement is conducted in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook.
• Provide the necessary oversight for all Procurement activities
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence : You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating : You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead : You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating : You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity : You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Bachelor Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing standard procurement procedures and documentation.
• Experience in supply chain management.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic
• Advanced computer skills and MS programs
• Commitment to and understanding of DRC's aims, values and principles
• Master degree.
• Advanced computer skills and good skills of database software
• Experience in procurement & logistics, Supply chain management.
• ability to handle complaints
• Management and leadership skills
• ability to resolve problems efficiently
• discretion and flexibility
• focused and self-motivated
• self-reliant and responsible
• Interacting with people and working cohesively with them
• Physically capable of moving equipment
• Time management and organisation skills
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Initiative taker
Apply through: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=148999&uiculture=en&MediaId=5