RMSI is a global IT company providing geospatial and software solutions to clients in sectors ranging from utilities, communications, natural resources, land & infrastructure, navigation & location based services, to the Insurance, and funding agencies. It employs more than one thousand employees and functions from offices located in three different Indian cities - Noida, Hyderabad and Dehradun and five international subsidiaries, serving clients in more than twenty five nations and five continents across the globe.
RMSI's core competency lies in providing solutions across the entire geospatial value chain - from data creation, conversion, and enhancement to software development, modeling, analytics, and consulting. The ability to offer complete solutions, comprising data, software, and engineering under one roof, is a key differentiator for the company.
RMSI has a highly diverse workforce - a combination of rare skill sets with domain expertise and functional capabilities. We have regularly achieved a 'pride of place' in leading employer surveys. RMSI has been recently ranked the No.1 Company to work for in India 2015 by the Great Place To Work® Institute and The Economic Times
Position: Technical Specialise - Electric Network Design
- Job Responsibilities:
- Lead/support the design of underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV 25kV system voltages) throughout the project lifecycle
- Performing design calculations, prepare drawings using appropriate tools as per applicable standards and specifications
- Visiting project sites to gather data for design, review constructability and/or stakeholder coordination
- Preparing and maintaining design related documents in all forms including but not limited to technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and design calculations and ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of all information
- Communicate and coordination with internal and external stakeholders in respectful manner to meet project objectives
- Provide necessary support in project execution including construction support
- Other duties as required
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university and registered (or able to be registered) as a Professional Engineer or EIT in the Province of Ontario
- Working knowledge in engineering tools such as PLS-CADD, CYME, ETAP
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and GIS based applications, MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of applicable relevant engineering standards/ Code and design principles
- Experience working with Toronto Hydro or other North American Utility would be an asset
- Must be able to interpret design scope and/or instructions to prepare design accurately and timely with minimum amount of supervision
- Excellent attention to details and very good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Well organized and able to manage time with the ability to collaborate and work effectively in a consulting environment which is fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven.
- 4+ years experience
- Email: email@example.com