The client is a leading pharma company with presence in USA, Singapore n Myanmar, In Myanmar they are one of the top pharma companies, with 16 offices 1000 plus employees and a turnover over 100 million US Dollars
International Procurement & Operations Manager
- Essential Functions
1. Manages cross-country procurement and product orders.
2. Directs and engages in supplier/vendor pricing and minimum quality standards negotiations from chosen suppliers.
3. Manages the after-sales service efforts, including product delivery schedules.
4. Oversees the preparation of periodic reports as required by corporate office.
5. Remains current on market trends with competitors, suppliers, and maintains procurement pipelines with alternative vendors to ensure corporate standards are maintained in accordance with required margins.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Required Education and Experience
1. Minimum of 3 years of solid experience as a purchaser in the pharmaceutical field.
2. A minimum Bachelor Degree holder
3. Expertise in supplier performance enhancement in the regional context, and exposure in INTERNATIONAL countries and local sourcing/purchasing.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelors degree on purchasing and/or supply chain management.
3. Exposure in PRC, India, South Korea
4. International travel experience
1. Business Acumen.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Time Management.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. negotiating skills
6. Knowledge in pharma products
International Procurement Manager ( Pharmaceutical Raw Material)
- Manages cross-country procurement and product orders of raw materials such as ingredients, packaging materials for soft gel line, boxes
Directs and engages in supplier/vendor pricing and minimum quality standards negotiations from chosen suppliers in his/her territory.
Oversees the preparation of periodic reports as required by corporate office.
Remains current on market trends with competitors, suppliers, and maintains procurement pipelines with alternative vendors to ensure corporate standards are maintained in accordance with required margins.
Develop and coordinate new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes.
Conducts analysis of program policies and procedures, develops plans, formulates guidelines, implements new developments and procedures, and provides policy interpretation for finance to purchasing customers within corporate guidelines, and legal requirements in each market.
Process account applications and maintenance actions, and maintain accounts database.
Monitor approval of accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships.
Prepare program guidelines, status reports and presentations for Finance and executive staff.
Coordinate and share key issues of international procurement with support staff.
Assist in developing training material, preparing lesson plans, and overseeing international procurement training
o Bachelors degree on purchasing and/or supply chain management.
o Minimum of 5 years of solid experience as a purchaser in the digital electronic field.
o Expertise in supplier performance enhancement in the regional context, and exposure in international sourcing/purchasing.
o Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods in pharmaceutical industry.
o Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
o Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Knowledge of the diverse cultures of the international countries that she/he visit
o Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
o Business Acumen.
o Negotiation Skills
o Technical Capacity.
o Organizational Skills.
o Time Management.
o Communication Proficiency.
o Supervisory Responsibility
o International travel experience.
o Additional Eligibility Qualifications
o The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
o The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
o The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
o Being sensitive to different cultures.
o Individual innovation
o Interpersonal communication
10-12 years of experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Position.
Recruiter Name:NImisha Baweja