SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power.
- Main Accountabilities
- Fulfill the Health & Safety responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities and Accountabilities section of the Health & Safety Program.
- Fulfill the Environmental responsibilities as identified in the Responsibilities & Accountabilities section of the Environmental and Energy Program.
- Fulfill the Quality responsibilities as identified in the Quality Management System.
- Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Performance Management Process.
- Fulfill the responsibilities as identified in the Attendance Management Process.
- Provide training and development to co-workers and help maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Best Practices and Job Safe Practices to ensure the transfer of knowledge to others.
- Play a role in the design and redesigning to assure that, as far as mechanical equipment is concerned, the plant will always be in line with expectations set for safety, reliability, productivity, quality and cost.
- Ensure quality control of the supply contractors in their workshops and on site during erection and installation.
- Analyze safety and operations requirements, capability, cost and customer needs of projects; design and develop system plan.
- Establish targets in areas such as equipment reliability and service standards.
- Monitor the performance of all equipment and ensure achievement of departmental objectives.
- Work with a team to oversee the installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and processes are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Specify system components or direct modification to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications departmental objectives.
- Evaluate safety and operational systems and proposals and recommend modifications based on factors such as environment, service, cost and systems capabilities.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operations and to make recommendations to maintenance teams.
- Prepare documentation containing information such as confidential descriptions and specifications of proprietary equipment, product, process etc.
- Prepare and implement commissioning / operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions and provide technical information.
- Assist in preparing work instructions & procedures and ensure that these systems are implemented and maintained as required by the Standards. (ISO, API, OSHA)
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when mechanical or engineering problems are encountered before, during and after commissioning.
- Install and maintain mechanical equipment and systems.
- Modify mechanical prototypes, assemblies and systems to correct functional deviations and ensure that these equipments are functioning according to specifications.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating conditions and record results.
- Calibrate, maintain and repair mechanical instruments or testing equipment.
- Ensure proper maintenance of calibration certificates, schedules and records.
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
- Education & Experience:
- University degree in Mechanical \ Engineering or Applied Science
- 5+ years of related experience preferably in Manufacturing Process Technology in the Seamless Pipe or Steel Rolling Industry.
- Professional Certifications may be considered an asset e.g. PMP, Six Sigma, PEO
- Course in Project Management an asset.
- Manufacturing process knowledge and experience is required.
- Working knowledge of the Manufacturing Technology Reliability Process is required.
- Knowledge of Process and Product Control Methodologies.
- General knowledge of how equipment (Mechanical & Electrical) fails.
- Product - Process Linkage: Knowledge of how and why the manufacturing process must perform to achieve the desired product standards is required.
- Proven ability to work with and/or lead people to achieve positive results
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to run effective meetings meeting facilitations
- Good Benchmarking skills are required
- Advanced skill in Excel
- Advanced ability to generate queries and reports in applications such as Access and Document Management Systems.
- Experience with World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and instruction or groups and individuals and measurements of training effects.
Recruiter Name:Praveen Chaudhary