- Job Responsibilities:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and volunteers and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the business.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
- To ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the shop, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Desired Profile:
- Proven track record in retail management.
- Strong business acumen and sales skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Organized, resourceful and driven to satisfy customers.
- Merchandising skills in both hardlines and softlines.
- Strong Communication, interpersonal and people skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Education: MBA/Any graduation.
Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in similar role with reputed retail brands with P/L responsibility. Should have handled a hyper market with turnover of INR 200mn, 30,000 Sq Ft and a team of 100 staff.
Knowledge and Skills: