Diploma or vocational training in hospitality industry. Stewarding/ Hospitality – Back of the House (BOH) Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience within the hospitality industry. Computer literate Speaking English essential & Arabic an advantage
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operation and costs.
2. Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
3. Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
4. Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up more efficient.
5. Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
6. Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
7. Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
8. Co-ordinate with the Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
9. Assist in the location, movement and storage of industrial operational equipment.
10. Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required.
11. Work closely with the Chef & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
12. Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
13. Take all necessary actions to reduce the cost in materials
14. Take all necessary actions to reduce breakage of China, Glassware’s and others.
15. Supervises employee’s ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
16. Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
17. Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
18. Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
19. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
20. Ensuring Stewarding staffs have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
21. Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
22. Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
23. Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
24. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
25. Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
26. Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
27. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
28. Serves as a role model for the stewarding teams to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
2) Steward - Pastry & Bakery /Assistant Diploma / high School with 3 yrs – 5 yrs experience.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times.
2. Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times.
3. Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
4. Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
5. Assist the Cooks and Servers as and when necessary.
6. Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
7. Dispose of waste as per standards and Adhere to recycling guidelines.
8. Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
9. Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
10. Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
11. Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
12. Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related service ware following established procedures.
13. Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
14. Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals inthe workplace.
15. Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dish washers.
16. Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
17. Check all chemical levels and inventory.
18. Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
19. Wash, Wipe, Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner.
20. If any breakages or chipped items found then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
21. Clean, sanitize and close workstations.
22. Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the chief steward / stewarding manager.
23. Assist in light food preparation as directed by manager or chef on duty.
24. Assist in serving food and beverages to the residents in the dining room.
25. The Kitchen Steward, upon demonstrated job performance excellence, will be considered for numerous growth opportunities.
26. Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
27. Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidate please send your updated cvs with Current / Expected / Salary & Joining time at firstname.lastname@example.org