Our client is an Engineering Company based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which has been established 30 years ago. Professional Environment. Reputed Organization
- To analyze configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- To calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- To consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Should liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Should examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- To make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- To liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- To apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Should use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
- Functional Competencies required:
- Good knowledge of structural design calculations.
- Good Knowledge of various International Standards.
- Good Knowledge of Autocad, STADD, Pro & MS office
- Experience of 3D modelling in Tekla or CREO software will be an added advantage.
- Experience of Mathcad software will be an added advantage.
- Other requirements:
- High level of integrity
- Strong planning &organizing skill
- Excellent Man Management
- Strong communication skill
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong mathematical ability;
- grasp of physics should be Good
- Good in three-dimensional conceptual skills;
- Ability to carry out teamwork;
- Good in attention to details
- Ability to liaise well with professionals from other disciplines;
- Should have an interest in the design and structure of buildings.
6+ years experience