Skyline University College was established under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi, member of the UAE Supreme Council and the Ruler of Sharjah in 1990 in the heart of Sharjah, a city that has been recognized as a hub of education, culture and heritage by UNESCO. SUC is successful in its pursuit to offer high quality education and create awareness among students towards the needs of society. It is presently one of the leading Universities in the Northern Emirates.
Over a period of time the University has carved a niche for itself in Business Management Education and training required for the industry. The programs offered by SUC are fully approved and accredited by Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, UAE. (www.caa.ae).
The state-of-the art infrastructure spread across 40 acres of land is well equipped to cater to the needs of the students in shaping up their future as young managerial workforce and prepare them to meet the challenges of today's world. The campus in the University City of Sharjah, situated on the border of Sharjah and Dubai, has well equipped and purpose built academic and administrative blocks, well-furnished Library and Computer Lab, Sports Centre which includes gymnasium, common room for students, international size floodlit cricket ground, football field and a covered basketball court, keeps the students engaged in sports activities.
The diversity in Skyline is embodied by students from 60 different nationalities, this is reflected in various colorful multi-cultural events from time to time and the sharing of multicultural views help in solving business and social problems SUC is conscious of Quality education and in this endeavor it improves its quality of programs by collecting regular feedback from industry experts and employers. The academic board conducts rigorous evaluation of curriculum and courses and suggests improvement in the programs so as to enable the students to acquire employable skills and competences suitable for the industry requirements. All the programs designed by SUC emphasizes on all-round personality development and inculcate the values of leadership and integrity.
The Institution has articulation agreements with various Colleges/Universities in Canada, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, India, Pakistan etc., which facilitates the students to get transferred for further studies. SUC has professional relationships with IATA-UFTAA, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality (CTH), Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA), the only university in UAE to be the Gold Status approved Learning provider), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the World Tourism Organization (WTO).
SUC has its international marketing & admission offices in Nigeria, Pakistan, Tajikistan & Kazakhstan.
- Educational Requirements & Experiences
- To effectively implement the Academic & Academic Support Services policies to achieve the vision of SUC.
- To contribute, monitor and measure the institutional effectiveness system of the SUC.
- To provide Academic leadership, Administration and management
- To facilitate a congenial, productive and safe working environment in the Faculty
- To report to the Chair of Executive Council (COEC) of the SUC
- Decision making and implementing along with other members of the EC in conducting the operations of SUC.
- Custodian of all policies and procedures and responsible in implementing them to build the image and ensure sustainable growth of SUC.
- Directly reports and appraises the COEC about the functioning of SUC.
- Planning, implementing and reviewing Institutional Strategic plan
- Development and implementation of Institutional policies and procedures
- Review Ministry Submissions and Liaison with MOHESR and other officials for new programs and accreditations
- Overall review and management of the different units through developing, implementing and reviewing Institutional effectiveness and feedback system
- To achieve academic excellence and competitive advantage
- Enhancing institutional Brand image
- Approve functions of all committees
- Facilitating AAC, faculty and staff development.
- Maintaining quality control in all aspects of the universitys academic programs and related activities.
- Review, approve and sign Articulation agreements with local & international Universities
- To finalize institutional recruitment and forward to COEC.
- Approval of all plans including marketing plans and seat allocation, institutional Budgets, Risk Management and Institutional calendars
- Plan, Implement and Review Employee Performance evaluation system and coordinate with HR for grievances handling.
- Present the annual reports / fact books to the COEC
- Take responsibility for top line (revenue) and bottom line (net surplus) of SUC programs operations with maximum negative variance of 10% of the yearly budget.
- To bring all academic and academic support services issues relating to SUC to EC meetings
- To discuss with the EC members and review the operations, policies and procedures and to formulate new policies appropriate for the betterment of the institution
- To make recommendations to the COEC and the chair of BOG regarding the sustainable growth of SUC
- To make recommendations to the COEC regarding the hiring, retention and termination of full time and part time faculty and the assignment of courses to faculty members.
- To make sure all procedure are followed as per UAE MOHSER, CAA accreditation standards and is responsible for maintaining and reviewing the accreditation status from time to time and comply with the state & federal regulations governing the educational institutions
- To take decisions based on the review of semester and annual review of academic and academic support services operations
- To initiate process of designing, developing and introducing new programs/courses/methodologies for meeting the needs of the time.
- To provide general guidelines on the recommendation of Learning Resource Committee in finding academic resources in the process of achieving desired program learning outcomes.
- To establish and approve orientation programs in coordination with HRD for new faculty member and staff to ensure their familiarity and adherence to SUC policies and procedures in all areas of the academic operation.
- To create opportunities for scholarly and professional growth of faculty members
- Entering into articulation agreements from other universities.
- To Evaluate and ensure compliance and implementation of teaching effectiveness, research, publications and scholarly activities and services are meeting the expectations of Academics in a given academic year
- To develop an academic culture at the SUC and make learning a meaningful experience for students.
- To initiate and carry out Image building activities
- To represent SUC in all forums and MOHESR/CAA meetings regarding accreditation and institutional developmental activities.
- Dean is completely responsible for guiding, formulating and implementing all the policies and procedures to achieve the strategic directions provided by the BOG from time to time.
- Dean is responsible to accomplish the strategic plan activities.
- Dean is responsible for guiding, supervising and evaluate all executives involved in academic as well as academic support services operations of the SUC.
- To fulfill overall academic and related administrative responsibilities the Dean shall oversee and co-ordinate the academic and academic support services affairs so that stipulated academic standards are maintained and the performance of the administrative units are monitored.
- Dean is approver of all policies and procedures of SUC and decisions taken by EC regarding academic support services
- To provide leadership for faculty, staff members, and students in meeting the academic mission of the University College.
- To be responsible for convening, participating and leading in various committees of the SUC such as Academic Committee, Program Review Committee, and Faculty Performance Evaluation Committee.
- Organizing inter university collaboration and cooperation
- Identifying corporate needs for the development of academic programs
- Identifying corporate needs on developing MDP, training program and consultancy
- The Dean shall coordinate overall operations of the academic and academic support services departments, ensuring academic integrity is maintained as per the guidelines and departments adhere to all policy and procedures.
- To report and appraise COEC regularly about the status and progress of all departments of in meeting targets and budget
- To perform other duties as assigned by the COEC /BOG of the SUC.
- Carrying a teaching load of 6 credits per semester.
- Student Grievances handling with DAC.
- Approval of Student progression, retention and graduation
- Goals and Objectives
- Review of Departmental Policy and Reports
- Annual / Monthly Planning
- Monthly Report
- Semester Report
- Closing Report
- Meeting with the Committee Chairs
- Coordination with COEC for Strategic Planning
- Coordination with COEC & BOG for Strategic Direction
- Local and International Accreditation
- Enhancing Institutional Image
- Institutional Effectiveness, Feedback and Revising Policy and Procedures
- Achievements of Institutional Goals
- Review of CHEDs Submissions
- IE Tools
- COEC Reports
- BOG Reports
- Daily Communication with AAC, HQA, HOA & Registrar/HASS
- Reporting to the COEC & BOG
- Deans Calendar
- Yearly Academics Calendar
- Academic Support Services Calendar
- Academic Presentation
- Deans Presentation
- AAC Orientation
- Faculty Orientation
- Student Orientation
- Academic Orientation
- Faculty Training
PhD Degree in Strategy,Finance,Marketing from well ranked International University,as per position requirement & as per guidelines of Faculty Handbook ONLY need apply.
Teaching experience of minimum 15 yrs. at Professor level and considerable experience of Administrative activities
Proven track record in academics & research
Strong Leadership and consensus building skills
Strong administrative background of leading academic institutions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
CALENDAR, CHECKLIST AND RESPONSIBILITY
Recruiter Name:Mr. Praveen
Contact :Skyline Education Institute India Pvt Ltd