- The incumbent will report to the Senior Flight Operations Inspector (T & S) and will be responsible for the oversight, training and operational standards of aviation training institutes (flying), ensuring the implementation and maintenance of policies, processes, procedures, requirements and standards for personnel licensing and examinations, reviewing the Air Safety Departments personnel licensing, flight training and flight operations standards including publications and Forms from time to time to ensure compliance and conformance with ICAO Standards and Principles, Fiji Principal Aviation Acts and Regulations, ISO 9001:2015 Standards and Principles.
- Oversight assigned Aviation Training Institutes.
- Conduct flight tests and checks for issue and renewal of Fiji Flight Crew Licences and Ratings.
- Conduct flight tests and checks for issue and renewal of Fiji Aircraft Type Ratings.
- Conduct SMS audits and compile reports.
- Conduct MOR investigations and compile reports.
- Conduct scheduled AOC renewal audits and compile reports.
- Conduct AOC Special Purpose audits and compile reports.
- Conduct scheduled operator Ramp and Route audits and compile reports.
- Review CAAF Standards Documents (SD), and other relevant standards, rules and procedures.
- Fulfill CAAF licensing and examination process and procedure for issue/renewal of Flight Crew Licences, Medicals and associated ratings.
- Assist in the conduct of aircraft accident/incident investigations and compile reports.
The Principal Accountabilities will include;
- The incumbent must hold a current Fiji Commercial Pilot's Licence, Multi Engine Instrument Rating, and Flight Instructor's Rating. A current Fiji. The incumbent must have a minimum of 2,000 hours aeronautical experience in flight instruction. The incumbent must hold aircraft type ratings that assigned Aviation Training Institutes operate. The incumbent must have extensive Flight instructing experience, including Multi Engine Training and have held or acted as Chief Flying Instructor. The incumbent must have regulatory oversight experience of 1 to 2 years or Industry Experience of 5 to 10 years including developing flight operations standards and documentation. The incumbent must have and demonstrate detailed knowledge of the Fiji Air Navigation Regulations, CAAF Standards Documents (SD), and other relevant standards, rules and procedures and be fully conversant with the CAAF licensing and examination process and procedure for issue/renewal of Flight Crew Licences, Medicals and associated ratings. The incumbent must have integrity; be self-motivated; meet deadlines, have good verbal/written communication skills, be computer literate and ability to work as part of a team.
Recruiter Name:Sunil Dabla