- Requirement- 'Head Chef Bakery & Pastry'
- Hires, trains and supervises the work of bakery and pastry production staff.
- Plans menus for all food service locations considering guest base, popularity of various dishes, holidays, costs, and a wide variety of other factors.
- Manage and coordinates the work of chefs, commis, and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
- Conducts regular physical inventories of food supplies, and assesses projected needs; orders all food and supplies for catering operations.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Develops and create recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control over all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; projects annual food and labor costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met.
- Consults with catering staff about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Should prepare Annual budgeting and Annual Menu changes.
- Once in a year need to change un selling items and need improve the food quality
- Daily report to Top management regarding operational status
- Weekly once should communicate with Top level management
- Need to maintain Asset List and Kitchen Auditing List
- Frequently should check perishable items
- Should conduct Appraisal events and Staff performance events
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in Restaurant activities, such as environmental committees, cost savings etc, which may serve to better our operations or the efficiency of the company.
- To handle the interaction between Kitchen and Restaurant staff, settling any disputes quickly and quietly, that may arise from time to time,
- To ensure timely and quality service of our menu items according to service specifications and guest expectations,
- To ensure that all food display areas, such as Special events and ODC are kept in prime condition at all times, according to our Standard and Procedures.
- Should conduct HACCP classes.
- Should train the staff to improve the knowledge.
- Should possess excellent planning and organizing skills with ability multi-task and meet deadlines.
- The pastry chef must possess creativity, the ability to lead, attention to detail and knowledge of ingredients. Strong hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity and artistic talents are essential.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Pastry Chef and experience with high quality bakery/pastry 5 stars hotel.
- Well rounded in knowledge, having experience in various aspects of kitchen operations.
Please refer JD and specifications
Salary Range : 600 KD - 1000 KD
- Required Skills: Minimum 5+ years of experience as Head Chef bakery & pastry or 7+ years as a Pastry Chef with a 5 Star.
Education Requirement: A Master degree in restaurant management is adequate for any individual wishing to serve in this position or equivalent.
Client Interview Shortly
Please share the CVs on email@example.com
Recruiter Name:Nizamuddin M H