- System Engineer - Telephony Automotive (10-20 yrs)
Job description :
The client is a fast growing passenger car OEM organization. This OEM does not do SW development inhouse, but by a very close cooperation with suppliers. Candidates with OEM work experience is preferred.
You will work within the Infotainment Connectivity Team, in close cooperation with the In vehicle Telematics Function Owner, interaction with system tester, the component owner, the Basetech team, and the software configuration and release team. You will be part of a global development team with resources in both Sweden and China.
The role is a classic system engineer and you will define the telephony system requirments for the passenger vehicles mainly i.e, in Telephony & connectivity module.
Main responsibilities :
- Suppliers management of Telephony for the CARs/passenger vehicles
- Setting the requirements on Telephony with suppliers
- Telephony system integration experience
- Design reviews with Suppliers and suggestions for the problems/Issues faced by them.
- Project tracking & risk mitigation with the suppliers
Additional information :
- Travels to China will be needed (approx. 2-3 per year).
- Each individual in our team has a high level of responsibility and mandate, and is expected to be able to work autonomously.
Requirements - Must list (short, and real must, no order) :
1.10 years of overall experience in Automotive Industry
2. Setting the requirements on the supplier for Telephony functionalities i.e., Apple Car play, Android auto, Baidu Carlife, Bluetooth, wireless phone charger
3. 3 years of experience in Telephony functionality in automotive i.e., Apple Car play, Android auto, Baidu Carlife, Bluetooth, wireless phone charger
4. Supplier Management experience
5. 3 months of Onsite experience
6. Good Communication skills
Requirements - Good to have list, strictly sorted in falling prio order
1. 1 year work with car OEM
2. OEM Experience in handling Telephony project
3. Agile SW development methods
4. M.Sc. Electrical or Computer Engineering or similar.
5. Experience of working with Chineese
6. Tier1 supplier management
7. Bluetooth/wifi or other wireless connectivity/technologies.
8. Hands-on with Telephony implementation, in the past.
Requirements - Specific client preference info, if any (additional textual hints):
Candidate must be a very driving and proactive person, able to work with minimum supervision and will be asked to give example situations in coming interviews.
Job Location : Gothenburg, Sweden.
Assignment duration: Long term (Minimum 2 years)