Assistant Accounting Manager
5+ years experience
- Structure the transactions in a manner consistent with International Financial
- Reporting Structures and local laws
- Comply with all local tax and legal financial reporting, filing, record keeping and remittance
- Keep informed of local tax legislation and advise corporate tax of new developments/opportunities and implement corporate tax planning initiatives Support local auditors during the year•end activities and act as financial advisor on any new or significant projects
- Perform month end closing activities by generating and reconciling income and expense accruals
- Ensure that all Balance Sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and signed off by respective signatories
- Verification of reconciliation (Banks, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, and Interdivision accounts) to ensure timely recording of transaction to enable proper reporting
- Ensure completion of financial statements and analyze actual financial status results in comparison with forecasts
- Monitor time and expense reporting process to ensure optimal revenue and proper cost controls are maintain
- Manage and ensure that all accounting/finance related data are updated on a daily basis and information to commercial or country/corporate head are provided accurately on time
- Review quarterly supplier reconciliation and ensuring timely recovery of all shortages and damages/defectives from supplier
- Manage debtors by continuously analyzing, identifying and covering credit risk so that revenues are maximized without jeopardizing the company receivables Manage and control finance and accounting activities in areas covering revenue, receivables, payables, consultants payroll and monitoring business unit financial
Junior Accounts Associate
1+ year experience
. Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
. Update accounts payable/accounts receivables and perform reconciliations Assist
. in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial
statements according to lega? and company accounting and financial guidelines
. Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
. Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and
immediately available when needed
. Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
. Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
. Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
. Annotate bank reconciliations and report all cash transactions
. Issue and record all credit/debit notes to respective suppliers
. Record all bank loan transactions
4+ years experience
. Perform biweekly inventories of all products per the inventory sheets
. Report any suspicious shortages! activity to management and the owner
. Maintain proper inventory control procedures
. Receive and organize all product deliveries and notify management of any issues
. Clean storage areas, and store product according to the County Health and Safety Norms
. Work with management to identify areas of improvement in storage and ordering practices
. Manage day to day operations at Regional Distribution Center
. Report dashboard and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) weekly for Regional Distribution Center
. Monitor and take action to comply with legal and company requirements at Regional Distribution Center
. Liaise effectively with the customs authorities in the region where necessary and required
. Motivate staff and empower direct reports by providing the necessary tools and support required to support department goals
. Provide guidance and ensure that the Department! Section! Unit complies with BMA;s policies, processes, practices, and systems
Regional Manager - Middle East
To deliver and manage all the commercial and operational aspects of the business across the region of operation through effective team management, achieving sales and assure profit growth for the region in line with business plan
Strategic Identifying new business (store) opportunities with regards to the region expansion strategy
Responsible for achieving the region's budgets, of Total Sales, Gross Margin Return on investments, Gross Profit, Net Profit, and control the expenses Maintain stock accuracy and control stock loss in the stores by analyzing reports (aging, stock take reports etc) and develop action plans Conduct probes for • attrition, productivity, staffing, shrinkage, rent to sales in stores ratio etc... and develop action plan to mitigate the risk on the same using the Corporate guidance framework and expertise
Drive excellence in store opening deliverables in the region using the corporate guidance framework Work closely with the property development manager to explore and measure the possibilities of expanding the business Ensure alignment of the region teams with the overall business strategy Ensure achievement of sales targets which have been set for the region Work with stores in the region to minimize costs and review profit and loss of each store and see Gross Profit margin, Gross Profit percentage, etc. is achieved as per business plan Work in partnership with the Regional Distribution Center/ Inventory team at region to deliver an efficient and effective stock replenishment and oversee that stores are adequately stocked and maintain stock cover Collaborate positively with the project (store design), merchandise, visual teams to drive layout, pricing and department/category wise changes as appropriate in the region keeping in mind the Corporate guidelines Strategize Above and Below the line (ATL/BTL) marketing initiatives in line with the corporate marketing department Establish strategic alliances with non•competing businesses in order to increase footfall/ market share in the region
Ensure stores in the region follow Corporate Visual Merchandising guidelines (including seasonal and promotional/ window guidelines) and are easy to shop, delivering consistently on inspirational customer service experience Engage Security and housekeeping vendors within the region with appropriate Service Level Agreement's which are consistent throughout the region as per the corporate guidelines. In liaison with Admin at the region Enhance sales through identification and analysis of trends as per footfall, conversion rates, average bill value, individual Stock Keeping Unit sales, average ticket value, average basket size, etc. for the region Handle the responsibility of suggesting effective markdowns for slow sellers and old fashioned items, to decrease the loss of maintaining idle stocks Establish clear and regular channels of communication to ensure stores in the region are up to date and consistent in focusing on key priorities and driving sales Ensure stores and staff presentation and standards are in line with the Visual Merchandising Department, Retail operations requirements and are consistent across stores in the region Ensure timely, consistent and efficient implementation of marketing promotions as per the guidelines across all region/stores to drive sales and customer service Support completion of all cash control audits, operational audit, and Standard Operation Procedures audit as per guidelines from Corporate and maintain desired results in the region Ensure a robust cash control in stores through the implementation of the Standard Operation Procedures for cash management according to the region management strategy Attend weekly, monthly Business meetings and share quarterly reports on Comparable/Non•Comparable, Year to Date, Year over Year, MIS review etc., and present appropriate action plans for the same Plan and Forecast and make action plan for the full financial year Responsible to drive area sales and profit plans to budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently across all stores Drive a profit protection mentality across the stores, through raising awareness of potential risks and investigating areas of theft & fraud with stores Know and manage the business by effectively using sales reports, assessing departmental results, and developing specific actions directly related to business development and growth, consistently across all stores Lead and direct the development of department level sales goals and action plans for store teams directly tied into measurable results and timely and consistent execution Set high expectations for excellent customer service and hold the reporting team accountable to measurable results Managing the regional office, by supervising the day to day activities and provide support when needed Having full responsibility for managing the company assets in the region of operations Maintain regular contact with stores through store visits, monthly store managers meeting and monitoring daily sales reports
Coach, motivate teams and improve performance through managing teams to deliver on results Ensure optimal staffing in region through manpower planning at the stores with Human Resources Business Partner as per guidelines Implement appropriate staffing model that reflects the operational efficiency and service needs of the business within acceptable level of productivity in stores Ensure adequate learning and development opportunities for the regional/ store teams through on•the•job training, classroom training, commercial training, coaching, etc., as per defined standards with Human Resources Business Partner Conduct Area, Shop Managers performance appraisal reviews, and participate in salary review and increment proposals Drive engagement in employees through recognition programs, staff welfare programs with support of Human Resources for the region as developed by the corporate Develop a culture where people are committed to achieving high standards in customer service Responsible for the participation in creating the Key Performance Indicators for the reporting team, monitor the process of implementing them, and participate in the Performance Appraisal process Involve in succession planning for all the team members reporting to him
Product and Process Improvement
Improve overall profitability by applying in•depth customer and competitor knowledge; exploiting systems, processes and feedback mechanisms to gather and act on appropriate information business opportunities to drive sales To acquire market intelligence through various resources and analyze trends which may impact the business Map competition prices/products, and provide qualitative inputs for the business
Education and Certification
Bachelor's Degree in finance or business management or retail
Knowledge and Skills
Strong analytical skills and influencing skills Capable of managing a team of professionals in a fast•paced environment Out of the box thinking approach Basic knowledge of Arabic language would be an added advantage
Retail experience of minimum 7-9 years Preferable gulf experience and in fashion retail
10+ years experience
· Prepare & participate in the preparation of sales budgets for stores.
· Maximize sales & profitability of the area.
· Maximize productivity targets (Sales per square feet, ATV, Conversion etc).
· Control costs within budgetary guidelines.
· Identify internal & external commercial opportunities.
· Ensure effective stock & space management.
· Conducts SWOT review to analyze the customer profile.
· Suggest improvements based on benchmark practices.
· To achieve stock control targets in line with company guidelines to prevent financial loss.
· Ensure effective inventory & warehouse management for the concept in the territory (order management, stock consolidation, movement & transfer, optimum stock utilization, stocks return & shrinkage.
· Review & analyze stock and sales reports monitoring over & under stocks, implementing corrective action taken.
· Review & effectively deal with fast / slow lines, new ranges and end of ranges & implement necessary action.
· Responsible for all season launch 100% in all the stores in terms of display guidelines through planogram, show windows, marketing activities.
· Ensure pricing of merchandise as per norms and matrix format.
· Provision of monthly feedback to concept on sales, stock positions & product feedback.
· Delivering growth (Planning & demonstrating efforts to achieve sale targets for all stores).
· Responsible for making month budget for the stores.
· Ability to understand & forecast analyze sale figures.
· Area budgets & LFL achievement. (No stores should be in negative LFL).
· Responsible for achieving total Annual Business Plan for the year.
· Maximizing sales & profitability (control expense).
· Ensuring all action is taken as per the company policy & procedures.
· Research & looking for good properties and locations to open stores & seeking opportunity for concept expansion in the territory.
· Managing roll-out for new projects and time bound implementation of projects.
· Understand Territory dynamics (demographics, consumer behavior, market understanding etc).
Operational Standards and Management;
· Ensuring all stores are in compliance with the store operating and customer service standards.
· Ensuring all stores are in compliance with the company policy on employment and state laws, health & safety standards.
· Ensuring all the store portrays the company image in all aspects of personal presentation and adheres to the company dress code as laid out by the company.
· Ensuring all stores sales, promotions are planned effectively, executed & promptly & maintained professionally.
· Responsible & implement Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
· Also responsible for audit and need to deliver 100% Satisfactory.
· Conduct staff welfare activities (housing & transport).
· Ensuring that all the new recruits should go for induction program (OJT) to understand their job better in way.
· Ensuring skill development of stores staffs through Learning & Development.
· Handling staff grievance and disciplinary actions.
· To encourage managers to seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business forward.
· Monitor & appraise the performance of retail staff in coordination with are retail manager and development individual career plans.
· Set KRA's for direct reports and conduct performance appraisal.
· Driving team performance and motivating and developing staff to groom for next level.
· Developing PVT Label Business.
· Sustained working on planned markdowns to deliver better margins.
· Developing new vendors to develop product line.
· Understand market competition to improve product profitability.
· Local tastes & preferences research & corrective measures.
· Opportunity gaps in current offerings & corrective measures.
· Improve stores profitability.
· Increase in ticket size & conversion at Store's.
· Stock Management timely supplies, core style replenishment and push back unsold stocks.
· Responsible for seasons range presentation driving health orders.
· Merchandising which comprises preparation and execution of buying plans on return from the category and regular follow ups regarding stocks.
· Managing the category performance which involves analyzing sales, space productivity & earning per square feet, best sellers etc;
· Merchandise Planning range presentation & order plans for the season.
· Retail sales monitoring weekly sales corrective action to meet monthly targets.
Ø Movement of stock in and out of the assigned section
Ø Maintain high standards of visual appearance throughout the section
Ø Provide the highest standards of customer service by demonstrating excellent knowledge of products and services
Ø Ensure that all customers are welcomed into the section and ensure that the customer is treated with courtesy at all times and that they leave the store happily
Ø Ensure awareness and vigilance at all times of security in the showroom without appearing to be overly suspicious to the customers
Ø Handle all customer complaints in line with company policy, if unsure refer to the Manager
Ø Optimize sales in line with Dept. targets
Ø To maintain strict levels of confidentiality with regard to all areas of the business particularly numerical information
Ø Ensure all staff are aware of and focused on achieving sales targets daily
Ø Operate an effective stock management system (Shop floor & Back store) to maximize sales and profitability
Ø Provide department reports on slow moving, fast moving and non-moving items to the store manager.
Ø Monitor sales performance against last year, last week and budget on a daily and weekly basis and communicate to staff
Ø Ensure that plans for seasonal promotions are in place, using all relevant information and resources
Managing others to maximize sales
Ø Supervising and managing staff and staff issues – including staff rotation, staff supervision
Ø Ensure tasks are delegated appropriately in accordance with people's skills and abilities
Ø Ensure that staff adopt and adhere to the company dress code in order to promote a positive and professional image at all times
Ø Ensure that staff has the skills needed to meet company expectations and identify and priorities training needs accordingly.
Ø Monitor the performance of new starters and give feedback as appropriate to the showroom manager
Ø Carry out regular and relevant in-store training in the sections product range
Ø Ensure morning mini meetings are held with the section staff to focus on the sales target and the days tasks
Ø Visual & In-Store Displays.
Ø Periodic Stock replenishments from the warehouse.
Ø Inter store transfers for fast moving lines.
Ø Merchandising & Store Standards.
Ø Highlighting and Clearing ageing stock.
Ø Product feedback to Retail/Buying team.
Ø Staff training & Development.
Ø Assist in Minimizing Stock Loss in line with targets.
Ø Team work personal & general standards.
Ø Maintain details knowledge of the section merchandise, ensuring promotions & fast selling lines are featured.
Ø To display all merchandise story wise, category-wise.
Ø To ensure all products are price tagged & bar-coded before display.
Ø Optimize floor space based on merchandise availability, range/Storylines & product sell-off to get the best returns per area allotted.
Ø Ensure Department décor is correctly displayed.
Ø Be aware of potential areas of shrinkage & areas of risk & suggest of corrective action to be taken.
Ø To conduct a fortnight meeting with all departmental in charges to provide feedback on the suppliers & products introduced in the previous month
Ø Prepare & participate in the Preparation of Sales Budgets for discussion with concept Manager.
Ø Ensure all stock transactions are recorded on the system timeously, accurately & correctly categorized.
Ø Review & Analyze stock & sales reports monitoring over & under stocks, suggesting correcting action to be taken by the CM
Ø To plan the monthly staff Rota of the store
Ø To maintain petty cash on Monthly basis.
Ø Plan for the interim and annual stock take for all the departments.
Ø Replenishment of Stock from back store brand wise.
Ø Global Count of all stock on Daily basis(Brand wise/Supplier Wise)
Ø Preparing Stock position of Stock Brand/Supplier Wise.
Ø To be maintain Sale report on Daily basis. Brand & Supplier wise.
Ø Preparing Qualitative Reports on Monthly Basis.
Ø Every day Perpetual Inventory of all Brand & Supplier wise with Inventory Dept.
Ø Identification of Perpetual Inventory Variance Report.
Ø Monthly Damages identification & send back to WH / Supplier.
Ø To give 100 % Customer Service & satisfy the need
Ø To take care of the Exchange of goods in Exchange Counter, and ensure we have optimum returns.
Ø To push the sale and assisting sales personal in add on sales.
Recruiter Name:Samir Zaveri
Email Address:email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org