- About Us
Dorsch Consult is one of the leading engineering and management consulting organisation in the fields of Airports, Railways, Highways, Railways, Smart Cities and Oil & Gas. Dorschs headquarter is in Germany and Indian head office is at Mumbai.
- Position: Airport Special Systems Planner / Designer
Job Description / Responsibilities
Dorsch Consult is seeking an experienced airport special systems planner / designer to provide planning and design services of communications infrastructures, special systems and supporting elements for various domestic and international projects.
The candidate will be involved in following activities
1) Developing conceptual, schematic, and construction design documents for aviation related projects in the U.S. and potentially abroad.
2) He will be part of a design team developing design documents for airport facilities including passenger terminals and concourses, cargo facilities, multi-story parking structures and other aviation support facilities.
3) Prepared documents such as planning and programming documentation, system logic drawings, interconnection details, communications room and rack/cabinet layout elevations and details, and construction specifications.
4) Systems support include structured cabling systems, audio paging, CCTV / visual surveillance, local area networks, access control / security, flight information display systems, and various other Information Technology (IT) systems.
The position involves travelling to domestic and international projects and participating in project planning and coordination meetings, preparing project related documents and written reports, developing design and construction documentation, participating in data collection for domestic and international projects, conducting site assessments and preparing presentations.
1) Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or Bachelors Degree in another related field OR equivalent career experience.
2) Minimum of 3 years of professional experience developing special systems and technology infrastructure designs.
3) Familiarization with telecommunications industry standards (ANSI/TIA/EIA) and BICSI Recommended Practices.
4) Experience developing specifications and drawings associated with construction projects.
5) Familiarity with structured cabling systems and local area networks in campus type environments. BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) is advantageous but not required.
6) Experience with the use of design drawing tools such as Revit and AutoCAD and/or Visio and be well versed in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
7) Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with team members at all levels.
8) Possess the ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and be able to express technical requirements to non-technical business partners and/or clients.
9) Possess the ability to work independently and support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
10) Candidate must be legally eligible to reside and work in the U.S.
11) Employment is contingent upon the candidate being able to clear a security background check required for airport badging.
Qualification : Bachelors in IT or other related field
Experience : 3+ Years
Location of posting: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania (Philadelphia area)
Interested candidates having relevant experience can send in their updated resumes to us at firstname.lastname@example.org