Caspian Energy Corporation is a well-resourced and full-service project procurement management company serving the Oil, Gas , Petrochemical , power and energy Industry . The company has associations with renowned manufacturers, major mills and suppliers across Europe, USA, Far East and the Sub-Continent.
Our clients include major Oil and Gas Companies, Refineries, Power , Steel , EPC Companies and Contractors.
Our specialization includes:
Pipes, fittings and flanges
OCTG - Tubing, casing, drilling fluids & accessories
Pump & Motor Systems
Valve & Actuator Systems
Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Systems
Project Procurement Services
- Company: Caspian Energy Corporation
- Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Status: Full Time, Employee
- Job Category: Engineering Valve Assembly & Repair
- Occupation: Mechanical Engineering
- Career Level: Senior / Manager
- Work Experience: 7+ to 15 Years
- Education Level: BE Mechanical
Engineer - Manual Valve Assembly & Repair
The Manufacturing & Repair Engineer will have full responsibility for the Testing , Assembly , Repair , Identification of Spares and service in an effective and timely manner with good workmanship spirit .The Caspian Valve Automation provides local service to our customers in the oil and gas industries. We're looking for engineer who can lead a fast-paced, hands-on shop, while aligning to strategic corporate direction.
The position primarily works in the valve automation and repair shop and is responsible for:
1. Testing, Assembly and Repair of all manual valves (Ball, Gate, Globe, Butterfly, Check) and actuated valve systems for oil and gas industry .
2. Assembling and breaking down of new or used equipment ,Inspecting, repairing, testing equipment
3. Reading and interpreting blue prints and drawings
4. Tear down and troubleshooting of customer owned property for inspection, repair, reassembly and testing based on customer communications
5. Assembling, testing and painting of new or used valve sections.
6. Execution of Field Service work as needed
The Manufacturing Manager will:
1. Provide daily management and long-term leadership to ensure that the CEC meets the customers' needs, achieves monthly and annual business metrics/plans, and is positioned for sustainability and growth.
2. Manage and supervise a team of support professionals and shop staff. Consistently follow best practices in hiring, coaching, training, performance management, salary planning, and succession planning.
3. Maintain a sight-line on jobs as they enter and move through the operation, while relying on the Production Supervisor to ensure that quality, safety, cost, and schedule standards are maintained.
4. Collaborate as needed with engineers, sales, and operations as they develop quotations, troubleshoot mechanical challenges, and work with customers
5. Build relationships with customers and suppliers, moving from a product-driven to a service-driven approach.
6. Continuously evaluate staffing levels and skill mixes to ensure that the VARC has the capacity to meet the demand for products and services.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
2. Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9000), API, Lean Manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement initiatives and tools is required
3. 7+ years of assembly and repairing experience in a manufacturing, machining, or repair environment, preferably related to the oil & gas industries.
4. Solid product and process knowledge of rotating equipment and their operation in industrial settings.
5. Experience with direct customer-facing roles and responsibilities. Experience in quick response center environment and/or proven experience responding to quick turnaround service level demands from customers. Ability to be flexible and creative to meet customer needs.
6. Financial acumen with the ability to maintain, understands, and communicates operational and financial metrics, while using these metrics to drive performance. Must have experience managing costs. Previous Profit & Loss accountability is highly desired.
7. Strong understanding of the process flow of jobs and documents through the shop.
8. 5+ years successfully managing people, including hiring, coaching, development, and performance management
- 9. Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others, including external sales, supply chain, customer service, engineering, field services, etc.
10. Proven record creating a safety culture in a manufacturing environment, and maintaining high standards of safety performance.
11. Must have a collaborative style that encourages the free flow of communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving and teamwork.
12. Capable of quickly establishing credibility, influencing constituencies and persuading professionals at all levels.
13. Strong results orientation and a tireless work ethic with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches.
14. Demonstrated capability to lead change and transformation activities, thereby generating process improvements which lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency.
15. Demonstrated ability to operate in a hands-on environment when necessary, yet see the big picture on a global basis.
- Other Skills
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and speak in the English language.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
- Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel toed safety shoes and safety glasses, in most areas of the facility.
- Core Competencies:
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Safety and Security:
Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
Email Address:email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org