Oasis Group Holdings is a global asset management company with headquarters based in Cape Town
Digital & Communication Specialist
- Configure Digital network equipment (modems / routers / switches for cellular, wireless access points etc.).
- Be an expert resource to assist clients with problems with wireless network, digital network and mobile device issues.
- Troubleshoot various components of a Digital network (hardware, software and wireless communications equipment) including but not limited to access Points, Routers, Modems, IPhone, IPad, Blackberry devices, Kindle, Tablets etc.
- Designing and deploying WLAN applications including Secure Mobility, Voice over WLAN, Location Based Services, and Wireless Guest Access
3+ years experience
Senior Web Developer
- Analyse Business requirement and design process flow for application development.
- Design User Interface and Business Logic.
- Ensure required data validations and rules build in user interface and logics
- Creating databases, tables, views.
- Writing procedures, triggers and packages.
- Plan, research, develop logic, code, test and deploy several Web application projects with minimal assistance.
- Modify and build on existing code.
- Maintain and support applications on day to day basis.
- Build and manage application security based on single sign on integration
- Monitor application logs and ensure optimal performance and security.
- Develop interfaces with other applications
5+ years experience
Senior Datacentre Specialist
- Job Summary
The key function of this role is to manage all day-to-day operational activities within a global data center and DR facility and ensure 100% uptime. The successful candidate will also be responsible for backup and restore processes, DR replication, as well as user support with regard to servers.
Installing, maintaining Windows-based servers.
Recovery of Windows Servers.
Support helpdesk staff with handling server issues.
Creation, Deletion and Amendment of user mailboxes.
Access changes authorised.
Ensure 100%v uptime of the infrastructure.
Ensure regular testing of DR readiness.
Ensure proactive preventive maintenance of Datacenter, servers, network components and other infrastructure components.
Ensure physical security systems at offices.
Ensure Software licensees records are kept up to date and are used optimally.
Implement un-interrupted migration and implementation of new systems.
Continuous upgrade of applications, operating systems and other components to ensure compliance.
Ensure all firmware are kept up to date as per hardware vendor recommendation.
Plan and manage hardware replacement lifecycle.
Ensure encryptions and security of mobile devices.
Support Active Directory and exchange infrastructure.
Support email services to Blackberry and IOS devices.
Support Database Servers including IBM P series, SUN Sparc and X series servers.
Support Storage Area Network (SAN)
Support Virtual Infrastructure for Servers and Desktops.
Support replication between Head Office and Disaster Recovery systems.
Ensure Dialy, weekly, Monthly and Yearly backups and restores.
Ensure monitoring and management of HVAC (Heat, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning) systems, UPS and alternate power systems.
Support integrated Building management system.
Ensure procedure documents and training material are up to date.
Manage Backup and Restore Processes.
Maintenance of tape backup cycles, rotations, and replacements.
Remote branch support within defined SLA parameters.
Preparation of documentation to map all internal processes within the datacentre.
Problem Analysis and troubleshooting servers.
Monitoring server performance and logs.
Applying upgrades, Patches, and fixes on the servers.
Managing & Maintaining Server security.
Supporting helpdesk staff on Server side issues.
Maintaining Windows Domain administration, replication to remote servers.
Maintaining DNS, DHCP and WINS server and monitoring performance.
Knowledge of Change management procedures
Qualification & Requirement
Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science from an accredited university.
MCSE Certification is mandatory.
Solaris certification is preferred.
VMware certifications are essential
Storage certifications are preferred
Minimum Experience & Skills
6-8 years post qualification experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Server technology including Active Directory domain, Exchange, and application servers.
Sound knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, SMTP, SMB, CIFS, NSF.IGRP, TCP/IP.
Hands on experience on SAN / NAS required.
Sound knowledge of Virtualisation technology is required.
Experience on backup and restore, Disaster recovery Procedure is essential.
Knowledge of endpoint, data center security.
Hands on experience on IBM x series, P series, and SUN Sparc server hardware.
Enterprise antivirus, WSUS, Web Server & SQL servers.
Understanding Oracle / Sybase databases, backup, and recovery.
Knowledge of Linux is essential. Additional knowledge of AIX / SUN will be preferable.
Experience in redundancy and High availability infrastructure architecture.
- Technical Specialist Information Systems
- To manage and support all existing applications and ensure 100% uptime of application environment.
- Support end users on any application related issues.
- Provide data extracts and reports as needed by end users, department and management.
- Develop business specific reports.
- Evaluate and present application solutions as per business requirements and brief provided by management.
- Undertake and deliver all integration and process automation projects
- Manage all system upgrades, change management and technological changes related
- To the software used.
- Plan, direct & monitor the co-ordination of all prioritised projects within the overall approved
- Plan, scope, budget and time frames (multi-project management). In addition, to perform all
- SDLC and post live support activities.
- To ensure capacity and performance planning is maintained.
- To ensure that all individual projects comply with defined standards and target application
- To ensure that all individual project plans will be integrated into the overall multiple-project
- To ensure that all individual project objectives are met within specified timeframes, scope
- and budget and are delivered according to set quality standards.
- Reporting on projects and status.
- To manage all SLA's with service providers and customers.
- To co-ordinate the outputs of the various projects and the smooth implementation into
- To apply the applicable methodologies and best practices with regard to project planning,
- analysis and design, development, management, testing, implementation and after Implementation follows up and closes out.
- Ensure procedure documents and training material is up to date.
- To identify technical and managerial challenges associated with the project and Implement corrective actions.
- To assess and respond to the risks inherent to the project.
- To manage the staff processes of the position such as recruitment, selection,
- Performance management and development
- Infrastructure Specialist
- Ensure day to day monitoring and performance of infrastructure components. including servers, network, storage and other infrastructure components.
- To ensure capacity and performance planning is maintained.
- To establish, negotiate and manage relationships and monitor SLA's with service providers.
- Ensure 100% uptime of the infrastructure.
- Ensure regular testing of DR readiness.
- Ensure proactive preventive maintenance of Datacenter, servers, network components and other infrastructure components.
- Manage physical security systems at offices.
- Ensure Software licenses records are kept up to date and are used optimally.
- Prepare medium term implementation plan in association with long term technology plan to ensure un-interrupted migration and implementation of new systems.
- Continuous upgrade of applications, operating systems and other components to ensure compliance.
- Ensure all firmware are kept upto date as per hardware vendor recommendation.
- Plan and manage hardware replacement lifecycle.
- Ensure encryptions and security of mobile devices.
- Manage and Support Active Directory and exchange infrastructure.
- Manage and support email services to Blackberry and IOS devices.
- Manage and support remote access security and firewall management.
- Manage and support Database Servers including IBM P series, SUN Sparc and X series servers.
- Manage Cisco Switches, VoIP telephony and Video Conferencing systems.
- Manage and support Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Manage and Support Virtual Infrastructure for Servers and Desktops.
- Manage and Support replication between Head Office and Disaster Recovery systems.
- Ensure Daily, weekly, Monthly and Yearly backups and restores.
- Ensure monitoring and management of HVAC (Heat, Ventilation and Air-conditioning) systems, UPS and alternate power systems.
- Manage and support integrated Building management system.
- Ensure procedure documents and training material is upto date.
- Ensuring adequate training and abilities of team members.
- Delegating duties, support managers are ultimately responsible for the performance of systems and employees.
- Coordinating IT infrastructure projects.
- Implementing new hardware, infrastructure components and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership to the team members in resolving issues and problems.
- Participating in business meetings
Should you wish to apply please email us your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org
Oasis Group - South Africa
Tel: +27 21 4137860
Mob/whats app +: 27744899112