- Opening is for our client which is a start up technology based company which is dealing in data strategy, business intelligence and services implementation.
Position Title: Data Governance Officer
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA's)
The : Data Governance will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Lead the design and implementation of a data governance operating models, including reporting to key stakeholders.
- Define policies, standards, principles, and processes for overall management of data governance in line with the internal and external standard, regulations and legislation.
- Analyse new and existing legislation in order to understand the impact on the Data environment.
- Assess company's needs, build and/or manage plans to address the needs, and track, report, and measure day-to-day activities according the plan.
- Leverage telecommunication experience and knowledge to help define requirements, assess accuracy of current/future work within the Data Governance work streams, and provide industry context/expertise as needed to help the team complete objectives.
- Lead effective implementation of the data governance model.
- Conduct business analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, to support: decision making, deliverable completion across work streams, and executive presentations.
- Work side-by-side with business and technical stakeholders to develop/identify requirements that will help drive completion of deliverables and objectives for individual work streams.
- Independently run meetings and workshops to gather information, review documentation and deliverables, and present weekly status on deliverables.
- Proactively learn, assess, and respond quickly to client expectations.
- Review and present reports to management on data governance issues, making strategic recommendations and advising where appropriate.
- Ensure that the appropriate controls and processes are effective at identifying, quantifying and managing overall data governance compliance across the business.
- Utilise data science, big data, analysis, data-as-a-service, and data architecture concepts to improve data governance for Open Insights.
- Periodically participate in additional work streams as required.
- Responsible for creating/maintaining and propagating the data governance framework and data governance model across the footprint.
- Responsible for educating opco's on the critical importance of data governance, ensuring opco's are properly staffed and/or have a role for data governance within their respective organizations.
- Work with Group/Operations to identify 'Golden Sources of data, identify and document kpi's that will become group standard. Work with operations to operationalize these Kpi's/standards in their systems
- Group wide data governance model
- Compliant data governance across the company.
- Risk mitigation through effective development and implementation of data governance policies, standards and procedures
- Data governance aligned to internal and external standards, specification, regulation and legislation
- Active support from the VP: Digital Services and Executive: Data and Infrastructure
- Deep understanding of company's business strategy
- Understanding of the OpCo technology, digital, business and regulatory context
- Timely decision making and reporting
- Alignment of OpCo and Group strategy initiatives
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum of 4-year tertiary degree
- MBA or Masters advantageous
- Relevant Certification
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 10 years with Managerial level experience
- Minimum 5 years Data Governance experience
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Strategy Implementers, Decisive Problem Solver, Best Practice Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion, Guiding People Manager, Relationship Builder
- Results Achiever, Operationally Astute
If interested then please send your updated resume along with the below mentioned details on firstname.lastname@example.org :