- Pledge Harbor International School, first international IB boarding school of Bangladesh is looking for applications for following positions:
1. IB Art Teacher
2. IB Bengali Teacher
3. IB Biology Teacher
4. IGCSE & IB Physics Teacher
5. Head Librarian
6. Head of Secondary School
- 7. ICT Teacher
8. Maths Teacher
9. Chemistry Teacher
Key Tasks and Activities:
To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of the pupils in one's class &also experience to do a laboratory classes.
To teach a class, or classes, sets, groups or individual pupils, and to set tasks to be undertaken both at school and elsewhere.
To mark and assess pupil's work and to record their development, progress and attainment.
To take responsibility for maintaining good order, discipline and respect for others among pupils both inside and outside the classroom; to promote understanding of the school's rules and values; to safeguard health and safety; and to develop relationships with and between pupils conducive to optimum learning.
Teachers are expected to role model appropriate use of language and communication. And also experience to deal with parents.
To build and maintain co-operative relationships with parents, and to communicate with them on pupils' learning and progress, drawing attention to special skills and talents as well as to problems or difficulties.
To maintain an attractive, safe and stimulating classroom environment, and to contribute to displays in the school as a whole.
To comply with all school policies and guidelines and take part in whole-school reviews of policy and aims.
To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to the development and learning of individual pupils and groups of pupils.
To evaluate and review one's own teaching methods, materials and schemes of work, and to make changes as appropriate.
To keep up-to-date with current educational thinking and practice, both by study and by attendance at courses, workshops and meetings, and take part in appraisals and reviews of one's work arranged by the Head.
To establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other staff members, exhibit appropriate professional conduct and dress, and communicate positive aspects of our school to the public.
Serve as a class teacher or tutor with responsibility for the day to day pastoral care of students.
Participate in off-site student field trips.
Attend meetings such as staff and departmental meetings.
Carry out supervisory duties at break times and / or at the beginning or end of the school day.
Participate in parent-teacher meetings.
Attend special events and support student functions outside of the regular school day.
Teach after-school enrichment classes for students who need extra help.
To perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head.
- Educational Requirements
- Graduation or Post Graduation in related subject
- Higher degree or recognized professional qualification (preferred)
- Experience in IB school in related role
- Experience in Boarding school
- At least 5 years, Fresher can apply for Maths Teacher position
- Experience in an international school environment (preferred).
- Experience and knowledge of curriculum design and development.
- Proven experience and depth as teacher of Technology, preferably with experience of IB MYP Technology.
- Proven experience and depth of technical ICT knowledge including an expertise in the use of a range of software and hardware including Windows and Apple systems and relevant programming language.
- As per policy
Additional Job Requirements: