The UWI- Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business, though based in Caribbean island of Trinidad & Tobago, is truly International in scope. As the innovators and trendsetters in education, we continue to be on the cutting edge of tertiary education in Trinidad & Tobago and the Caribbean, and our Faculty and Student experience are a big part of that. The continued development of our Learning Management System (LMS) and the expanded use of learning technologies in our classrooms will be a major pillar for our future growth. We attained specialized and programmatic accreditation from the UK based Association of Masters of Business Administration's (AMBA) in 2003, which positions the school amongst the top 20% of business schools worldwide. As an MBA graduate, you will also derive all of the benefits of being a member of the Association of MBAs.
Purpose: The ALJGSB will mould individuals into extraordinary, innovative leaders who positively reshape business and society while constantly challenging the status quo.
Mission: We provide for our stakeholders a world-class, dynamic environment for continuous learning and action aimed at problem-solving and innovation in management and business
Position: Manager of Instructional Design and Learning Technologies
- MAIN PURPOSE:
- Strategically plans and implement activities that focus on the school's learning technology needs.
- Provide strategic guidance on the delivery modality of programmes.
- Assess the instructional technology needs of faculty, programmes and internal units, and make recommendations to provide effective, sustainable solutions that leverage existing resources.
- Identify, plan, develop and conduct instructional design and learning technologies training workshops for faculty and staff. This is to be done on a one-on-one basis and small group sessions and includes Learning Management System training.
- Collaborate with Programme Directors and Faculty, to redesign and rollout their courses \ programmes for blended and fully online formats.
- Develop and implement administrative, technical and pedagogical support structures, from the design to delivery stages, for fully online programmes.
- Make recommendations and implements policies and procedures for the use of instructional technologies at the School.
- Work with the faculty to design, and create engaging, interactive, and instructionally sound online learning activities and content, by utilizing active learning principles in the development process.
- Provide support for any faculty who wish to create or incorporate multimedia products into their online classes.
- Interface with vendors and other outside agencies and organizations, as they relate to the responsibilities associated with this position.
- Create and/or arrange demonstrations of learning technologies used for instruction.
- Oversee and provide levels 1 3 support to faculty, staff and students for the Lok Jack GSBs Learning Management Systems and other learning technologies available, in a professional, customer oriented and timely fashion.
- Promote the use of instructional technology in teaching and enhancing the learning experience of students at the School.
- Manage the initiatives of the Instructional Design and Learning Technologies Unit, and leads Instructional Design and Learning Technologies staff.
- Masters degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or related field.
- Certification in University Teaching & Learning.
- Moodle Certification would be an asset.
- Must have proven expertise in the effective integration of instructional technologies into teaching and learning, in a higher education context.
- Experience planning, developing and conducting instructional technology-related training programmes and workshops both face-to-face and online for faculty, staff and clients.
- Knowledge of online course development and administration standards and procedures for online and blended delivery in a higher education context.
- Ability to apply instructional design strategies and pedagogical principles in blended and online course development.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, strategize, and deliver instructional design projects.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff, to develop innovative solutions to instructional problems.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of instructional technologies and applications, evaluation approaches, and learning management systems.
- Proficiency with a wide range of learning technology platforms on both the technical and functional side, especially Moodle and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Ability to work with and train in both a PC and Macintosh environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web-based instructional and editing software and presentation packages.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly presentation skills.
- Excellent analysing, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to formulate procedures related to this position.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to be proactive by continuously updating personal knowledge of cutting-edge technology, identify advances that will enhance the educational environment, and recommend changes in the utilization of learning technology where appropriate.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Experience and proven success in supervising and managing employees.
- A high level of self-motivation, adaptability, and integrity.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and present complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work flexible extended hours on evenings, weekends and public holidays, as needed, is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in a technical, pedagogical and administrative support role for blended \ online learning environments.
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience in higher education.
- At least three (3) years supervisory experience.
The Manager of Instructional Design & Learning Technologies will spearhead the Lok Jack GSBs efforts to integrate innovative instructional technologies throughout its programmes. The Manager will provide leadership, planning, development, implementation, support and management of learning technologies and online courses. The Manager performs and directs activities including: faculty, staff and student training, end user support, instructional design, fully online and blended learning course development, and classroom technology integration. This individual supervises the Instructional Design and Learning Technologies Team. The individual remains informed and trained on new technologies and keeps apprised of innovations in the field of educational technology.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES- Among other things
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
KIND AND LENGTH OF EXPERIENCE:
Recruiter Name:Mrs. Chantal Greaves - Cowan
Contact:The UWI - Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Busines