This position is accountable for overall business development within the assigned region through the existing and the upcoming outlets. The position holder is responsible to oversee and improve the functions of outlets in terms of Sales, Inventory, Customer Service, Manpower Planning, Shop-floor employee Welfare & Outlet Administration.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development - Sales & Planning
1. Accountable for sales of existing and upcoming outlets within the assigned Region.
2. Drive and achieve yearly sales target of the showroom(s) within the assigned Region, in value and product-wise.
3. Plan and distribute the target into monthly sales and further to daily sales and allocate these targets to all salesmen accordingly.
4. Guide and motivate sales team to achieve the targets assigned to them
5. Recommend and implement various strategies and techniques to improve sales of slow moving products / outlets and boost the regions sales volumes.
6. Explore business opportunities and develop business through various avenues.
7. Exhibit pro-activeness and seek feedback from local customers, analyze sales movement of products in individual outlets, analyze the requirement of customers and accordingly recommend new products and/or new locations for business growth and expansion
8. Accomplish financial goals by communicating all promotional programs and operational standards to each Store Supervisor/ In-charge.
- 9. Merchandising provide feedback on merchandizing and ensure the merchandizing meets customer requirement. Oversee and maintain the product display with the assistance of the floor staff.
10. Budget Preparation and Forecasting
- Provide all inputs and assist in preparation of annual regions budget.
- Monitor and report budget variations.
- Provide sales forecast reports for seasonal promotions
11. Cost Control Work as a profit center head of the Region and maintain strict cost control in every outlet by controlling expenses on utility such as phone, electricity &water, repairs & maintenance, damage to merchandise or furniture etc.
12. Customer Service oversee & assist the sales team in providing matchless customer services.
13. Travel around to all outlets and observe operations of individual outlets. Coach the Store In-charge on specific changes that can improve performance.
14. Educate the Store In-charge to handle conflict and improve safety within his Store.
1. Accountable for any deficiency or discrepancy found in inventory within the showroom.
2. Keep stock of all the goods properly arranged within the outlet and shelves so that it is convenient to remove items for sales and easy for stock taking.
3. Maintain a balanced inventory of all items as per their movements and ensure the outlet does not run out of stocks of products.
4. Check physical stock of all items and tally it with book record at regular intervals.
Manpower Management & Training
1. Manage the staff employed within each outlet and explore the potential in them.
2. Administer team discipline, physical presentation, attitude, conduct with colleague and customers etc., identify the areas of improvement and provide training at regular intervals including product knowledge and customer service.
3. Motivate the sales team and cultivate team spirit amongst them.
4. Review performance of all staff, identify their areas of improvement and provide adequate training to them.
5. Address of work related queries and assist in resolving them.
6. Write action plans for Store In-charge who do not meet company standards. These action plans will include concise objectives and deliverables that the Store In-charge will need to complete within a certain time frame.
Administration & Housekeeping of the outlets
1. Lay emphasis on maintaining excellent standards of housekeeping within all the outlets
2. Ensure timely & prompt maintenance and arrangement of stock across all outlets in the Region.
3. Keep strict vigil on dcor of the showroom like ceiling, A/C.s, lighting, sign board, counters, showcases, shelves, floor etc., and ensure timely & prompt maintenance.
1. Ensure the staff issues bills to customers on purchase of goods and the system is updated promptly.
2. Ensure that the cash/cheques received against daily sales are deposited in the Company bank account on the same day.
3. Prepare MRF well in time and send it to Head Office
4. Prepare MRA immediately against receipt of material, in case of any discrepancy then report to concerned authority.
5. Maintain updated record of all showroom documents like Shop agreement, Showroom license, Chamber of Commerce documents etc. and inform concerned authority in HO on expiry/renewal of the same.
6. Maintain documentation within each outlet separately
Personnel Administration (Shop-floor employees)
1. Address the grievances of the personnel (shop-floor employees) deployed within the Region and forward the requests to the concerned official in the Head Office.
2. Maintain regular attendance of all the staff outlet-wise and forward the same to the Head Office upon the request for payroll calculation.
3. Maintain personnel records of all showroom employees in terms of their vacation, passport expiry, identity card, visa etc.
4. Operate as the bridge between the shop-floor employees and the Head Office officials to communicate employee various grievances & requests.
4. Oversee housekeeping, maintenance & staff discipline within the company provided accommodation for staff members.
5. Exchange the data from & to Head Office as per the schedule by co-mail.
KEY JOB DELIVERABLES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Achievement of annual targets
2. Maintain best standards of Customer Services
3. Regions Business Development
4. Budget preparation & Cost Control
5. Store Inventory Management & Merchandizing
6. Manpower management, Training & Outlet Administration
Academic : Graduate in any discipline
: Masters or PG Diploma in Sales & Marketing from a reputed University
Experience : 8-10 years of experience in Retail Business Development & multiple stores management.
Gulf Experience is a Must
Must possess GCC Driving License.
- Store Management & Compliances
- Retail Business Processes
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Business forecasting
- Inventory Management
- Personnel Management, Development & Training
- Customer Resource Management
Skills/ Abilities :
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple outlets in terms of Business development & Manpower Management
- Skill to drive sales and accomplish business targets from outlets
- Business Foresight & Commercial Acumen
- Identify potential locations for Expansion of retail network
- Counseling & Team Management skills
- Outstanding skills in Customer Services
Reports to : Country Manager - Oman
Supervises : Store Supervisor / In-charge, Sales staff, Cashier and all shop-floor employees
Liaises with : Internally HR, Inventory, Retail & Shop-floor employees
Recruiter Name:Mrs Rachna Vora