The Burao Academy of Science and Technology is an independent, non-profit, coeducational, boarding school offering comprehensive education with special focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) as well as practical career training in the technology fields
IT / Science / Math Teacher
- Teach one or more of the mathematics, science, social studies and technology courses.
- Teach one or more of the Cisco Network Academy curricula.
Teach Operating Systems & Networking.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans for the curriculum program.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Evaluate students' academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, e.g. youth clubs or library development.
- Flexible and willing to fill in and assist as needed at the school.
- Prepared to collaborate and communicate with other teachers, parents and the school Board
- Bachelors degree or higher in IT/Engineering related fields.
- CCNP Cisco Certification Required.
- Strong English-speaking skills.
- Work experience in Africa or other developing countries is desirable.
- Experience teaching, lesson planning or supervising children in an education setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
3+ years experience
Recruiter Name: Nadine Backhaus