- We are a global engineering solutions company working closely with major Automotive, On-Highway, Agriculture & Construction Equipment Manufacturers and Tier-I Suppliers to solve engineering challenges relative to Product Development, Cost Optimization, Manufacturing and Aftermarket
- With restraints background technology and experience (seat belts, air bags)
- Leading the design/development of various restraint system components
- Interfacing with internal engineering departments such as: Safety, Body Design, Interior Trim, etc. and external departments such as: Styling, Product Planning, Manufacturing, etc. to ensure that restraint system is optimally packaged within the vehicle and meet and the requirements & customer expectations.
- Develop and manage all system and components level FMA.
- Develop and manage restraints (seat belts and air bags) component/system DVP&R with engineering & suppliers.
- Ensure design and product meet quality objectives and validate robustness and durability of (seat belts and air bags) design.
- Managing suppliers to ensure components meet Quality, Cost, and Timing requirements. thru design and verification.
- Transfer and convert CAD data from/to suppliers as required.
- Oversee prototype build and testing, review results and prepare report.
- Oversee component/system level design verification and production validation.
- Interface with Ford NA, Australia, Europe, JVs, and China team for product launch and issue resolving.
- Perform package and stack-up studies at both component and system levels and resolve the issue
- System integration btw restraints parts ( Seat belts and air bags ) and surroundings
- Participate in root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Ensure all components timing support complete timing
- Ensure GPDS deliverables to be completed and signed off before each gateway
- Support all APQP activities including PPAP.
Our solutions are a combination of domain competencies, experience from customer engagements and specific enablers such as Platforms, Tools, and Standards.
Our engineers have extensive experience in delivering projects that are globally spread with varied program guidelines, standards, and compliance needs. This gives us a unique advantage as we are able to design solutions that specifically address customer requirements which may vary by region and be influenced by local industry dynamics.
We are affiliated to the Sakthi Group, a $2.0Bn conglomerate having diversified presence across several industries. More specifically, we leverage the manufacturing expertise of Sakthi Auto Components, a preferred supplier to Global Auto OEMs in North America, Europe, and Asia. The insight from this affiliation is deployed to address complex projects for our customers globally
We are looking for strong design & development professionals at our China (Shanghai) location.
Please find the job description below :
Interested candidates send your resume to Prasannag@caresoftglobal.com