Our client is an over 60 years old organization, a world leader in the design and supply of water and wastewater treatment and water desalination systems, including water treatment chemicals, who are headquartered in the UAE with operations in Africa, Asia (including India ) and the Far East. For their Projects division they require a talented civil site engineer to be based at Ras Al Khaimah in the UAE for a period of 1 year
Civil Project Site Engineer - Sewage / Water Infrastructure - RAK, UAE
- 1. Lead a Site team and be responsible for all the civil work related to the construction of sewage / water treatment plants, pumping stations, water retaining tanks, culverts and underground sewage pipelines.
2. Ensure compliance with all specifications, standards, codes and local regulations related to the civil construction activities of the project.
3. Review drawings, specifications and technical documents for all civil, structural design work and help to prepare a civil project plan.
4. Prepare daily and weekly scheduling and allocation of site construction work and preparation of Methods statement.
5. Conduct regular on-site inspection of the progress and quality of the construction work performed and take site measurements.
6. Witness concrete pouring and ensure that it is in line with concreting work procedures.
7. Monitor the implementation of the Sub contractors quality control program and testing for verification of quality results as needed.
8. Maintain records of all civil construction activities and periodically update them and co ordinate with the QA/QC team to achieve their objectives.
9. Managing civil project operations with a view to ensure timely accomplishment of targets within the scope, time and cost parameters.
10. Providing the civil site team with the required look ahead schedule and progress update in order to meet the project schedule and planned milestones.
11. Conducts site meetings with various site personnel and consultant / client representatives to update them on progress of construction and respond to queries.
12. Work cohesively with a multidisciplinary site technical team to smoothly achieve project objectives
13. Conduct risk assessment of the construction work and ensure safety standards are in line with company HSE policy.
14. Conducts optimization, feasibility and preliminary costing estimates for project modification and enhancements when necessary and seek approval.
Required Candidate profileApplicants should be aged around 28 years with a degree in civil engineering with 5 - 8 years work experience in the site construction activities of a Sewage / Water Treatment plant. They should have had construction experience related to sewage / water treatment plants, pumping stations, water retaining tanks, culverts and underground sewage pipelines.
Perks and BenefitsAttractive tax free compensation plus bachelor accommodation and annual perks
Email Address: email@example.com