1. Provide technical information on hardware configuration for tenders and specific projects;
2. Assist in conducting installation audits to assess overall quality, evaluating user options, monitoring customer satisfaction and making comprehensive recommendations on out-of-line situations.
3. Provide and update technical documentation for every site being maintained.
4. Provide technical support and patch management on Oracle and other Products.
5. Assist the Manager (Technical) - Infrastructure & Systems Group or any other officer designated by Management in the costing, preparation and mounting of tender proposals and for maintenance agreement
6. Provide pro-active and timely services to customers in dealing tactfully in view of maintaining sound customer relations.
7. Provide training to internal and external customers.
8. Adhere to Quality processes set-up within the Company.
9. Perform any related duties
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:-
An Engineering degree in the area of ICT;
At least two to three years practical experience in Installation, Configuration, Fine tuning and Troubleshooting of Oracle or Open Source Database;
Sound Knowledge on SQL Language and relational database concepts;
Ability in setting up, installing, managing and supporting of Database products under Windows or Unix environment;
Implementation of backup and recovery solutions;
Practical experience on deployment of Oracle Data Guard and RAC would be an asset or other high availability open source solution;
Performance tuning and troubleshooting of Oracle databases or Open Source Database;
Oracle DBA certified or Open source database will be an asset.
Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
Ability to learn job requirements and perform effectively in short time;
Ability to work under pressure and during odd hours to meet tight deadlines;
Customer Service oriented and ability to negotiate with customers tactfully;
Required to travel abroad for overseas assignments