This position is accountable for overall business development of the assigned outlet. He is responsible to oversee and improve the functions of outlets in terms of Sales, Inventory, Customer Service, Manpower Planning, Shop-floor employee Welfare & Outlet Administration.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development - Sales & Planning
1. Accountable for sales of assigned outlet and accomplish financial goals
2. Drive and achieve yearly sales target of the showroom, in value and product-wise.
3. Plan and distribute the target into monthly sales and further to daily sales and allocate these targets to all salesmen accordingly.
4. Guide and motivate sales team to achieve the targets assigned to them
5. Recommend and implement various strategies and techniques to improve sales of slow moving products / outlet and boost its sales volumes.
6. Exhibit pro-activeness and seek feedback from local customers, analyze sales movement of products, analyze the requirement of customers and accordingly recommend new products for business growth.
7. Merchandising provide feedback on merchandizing and ensure the merchandizing meets customer requirement. Oversee and maintain the product display with the assistance of the floor staff.
8. Budget Preparation and Forecasting
9. Cost Control Work as a profit center head and maintain strict cost control on utility such as phone, electricity &water, repairs & maintenance, damage to merchandise or furniture etc.
10. Customer Service oversee & assist the sales team in providing matchless customer services.
11. Handle conflict and improve safety within his Store.
1. Accountable for any deficiency or discrepancy found in inventory within the showroom.
2. Keep stock of all the goods properly arranged within the outlet and shelves so that it is convenient to remove items for sales and easy for stock taking.
3. Maintain a balanced inventory of all items as per their movements and ensure the outlet does not run out of stocks of products.
4. Check physical stock of all items and tally it with book record at regular intervals.
Manpower Management & Training
1. Manage the staff employed in the outlet and explore the potential in them.
2. Administer team discipline, physical presentation, attitude, conduct with colleague and customers etc., identify the areas of improvement and provide training at regular intervals including product knowledge and customer service.
3. Motivate the sales team and cultivate team spirit amongst them.
Administration & Housekeeping of the outlets
1. Lay emphasis on maintaining excellent standards of housekeeping within all the outlets
2. Keep strict vigil on dcor of the showroom like ceiling, A/C.s, lighting, sign board, counters, showcases, shelves, floor etc., and ensure timely & prompt maintenance.
1. Ensure the staff issues bills to customers on purchase of goods and the system is updated promptly.
2. Prepare MRF well in time and send it to Head Office
3. Prepare MRA immediately against receipt of material, in case of any discrepancy then report to concerned authority.
4. Maintain updated record of all showroom documents like Shop agreement, Showroom license, Chamber of Commerce documents etc. and inform concerned authority in HO on expiry/renewal of the same.
Personnel Administration (Shop-floor employees)
1. Address the grievances of the personnel (shop-floor employees) and forward the requests to the concerned Area Manager.
2. Maintain regular attendance of all the staff outlet-wise and forward the same to the Head Office upon the request for payroll calculation.
3. Exchange the data from & to Head Office as per the schedule by co-mail.
KEY JOB DELIVERABLES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Achievement of annual targets
2. Maintain best standards of Customer Services
3. Budget preparation & Cost Control
4. Store Inventory Management & Merchandizing
5. Manpower management, Training & Outlet Administration
Reports to : Area Manager
Supervises : Sales staff, Cashier and all shop-floor employees
Liaises with : Internally HR, Inventory, Retail & Shop-floor employees