Urgent Opening for Principal for a Leading International School
Job Position:- Principal
Location:- Kinshasa, DRC - Africa
Heading the entire functions of the school
The responsibilities of the Head of School include:
Strategic and Budgetary Planning 1) Developing a strategic plan for the School, in consultation with the School Executive, including the preparation of a staffing and resource plan.
2) Engaging the staff of the School and the University's senior officers in devising and agreeing the School's plan.
3) Reviewing the performance of the School in terms of its objectives as stated in its strategic plan and in its staffing and resource plan.
4) Having responsibility for all financial matters, including financial planning and sustainability, resource allocation, the identification of new sources of income, the monitoring of expenditure to ensure that it is within appropriate levels, ensuring the linking of resource allocation to strategic and operational planning; compliance with College approved financial policies; ensuring all staff are aware of the existence and extent of the Colleges financial regulations.
5) Managing and monitoring of implementation of the resource allocation process within the School.
Staffing 1) Dealing with staff recruitment matters that fall within the remit of the School.
2) Membership of the Selection Committees for all appointments in the School. (The Head of Discipline may replace the Head of School as appropriate.) Creating a supportive working environment for all staff in the School and fostering their career development.
3) Ensuring that staff review and development is completed in a timely manner (including PMDS).
4) Completing probation reviews with all newly appointed academic staff in line with the College's Academic Probation Guidelines, in consultation with the relevant Heads of Discipline where appropriate.
5) Allocating duties to staff within the School and the management of staff in accordance with College policies and procedures.
6) Approving outside earnings activities of staff members in accordance with College regulations.
7) Handling grievance procedures for staff except where a grievance is against the Head of School, in which case the Faculty Dean is responsible.
8) Managing relevant disciplinary procedures for both staff and students.
Teaching, Learning and Research 1) Having overall responsibility for the management of the School's programme of teaching and research and the implementation of the College's academic policy.
2) Ensuring the effective delivery of high quality teaching and the maintenance of academic standards.
3) Promoting a culture of learning that is directed to student needs, and of teaching that is informed by the research interests of the School's staff.
4) Dealing with professional matters where relevant to the activities of disciplines and in particular, the educational requirements of professional accreditation bodies.
5) Fostering the development of academic policy and initiatives within the context of the long-term strategies of the College and the School.
6) Developing and maintaining a vibrant research culture of international standard, including the promotion of research initiatives and networks.
7) Fostering inter disciplinarity both within the School and between Schools. Promoting excellence and improvement in all matters of teaching, learning, research and administration.
8) Ensuring the regular review, evaluation and development of programmes offered by the School.
9 ) Advising the Senior Lecturer and the Dean of Graduate Studies on entry requirements for specific courses, in consultation with the relevant course committee and Directors as appropriate.
10) Promoting collaboration within the School, with other Schools, and with other institutions.
11) Liaising appropriately with the Faculty Dean on cross-School and Faculty-wide issues.
12) Nominating External Examiners for undergraduate programes to Council for approval. General1) Representing the School both internally and externally, including representation on College committees.
2) Managing and encouraging an information flow to staff and students within the School regarding School and University developments.
3) Ensuring the effective operation of the School in accordance with approved governance procedures.
4) The general management, subject to College policy, of the School's physical facilities and equipment, including the allocation of rooms and other space.
5) Having overall responsibility for ensuring that the School's arrangements comply with legal requirements and related College policies such as health and safety, data protection and data retention policy, freedom of information.
6) Implementing decisions of Board and Council and the supply of information in accordance with Board and/or Council directions.
7) Prepare an annual report in agreement with the Schools Executive Committee and for consideration by the School Committee.
8) Delegating to an Acting-Head during any period of absence of more than three working days (see below).
9) Conducting elections to Headship of Discipline in the School, as required. Other duties as may be assigned by the Board.
Required Candidate profile
5+ Years of work experience in School as Principal / Head of School
Africa Experience will be an added advantage
Knowledge of French Language is compulsory.
Male candidates preferred. Females can also apply
ACCOMMODATION: - SINGLE / BACHELORS STATUS ACCOMMODATION WILL BE PROVIDED
Interested candidate forward CV to Ms Shruti Kadam on email@example.com