MCTA: RVi Academy Mandalay (in short, MCTA) is recognized by international examination boards at primary and secondary school levels. It has been registered as a Cambridge International School since June 2007, and has been registered as a Cambridge International School for administering examinations for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International A-levels by Cambridge Assessment International Education since 2007. MCTA:RVi Academy Mandalay is also certified by Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) as an Approved Exam Centre for conducting the Singapore International Primary School Examination (iPSLE).
Science Teachers (Biology, Chemistry And/or Physics at Cambridge IGCSE)
(1) Teaching. To teach students in accordance to the IGCSE and International A-levels as provided by Cambridge Assessment - International Education. Must be able to develop lesson plans based on the guidelines as provided by the Head of Department.
(2) Class Advisor. To manage the discipline and academic profile of his/her advisory class, as required by the school policy.
(3) Parents' Engagement. To conduct class-level Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) to provide parents the academic progress of the students.
(4) Organize enrichment and outdoor activities for the students.
Required Candidate profile
(1) Ability to teach Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics at Cambridge IGCSE and International A-levels, following strictly to the guidelines and syllabus as provided by Cambridge Assessment - International Education.
(2) Ability to adopt student-centred learning rather than teacher-centred style of teaching with willingness to go the extra mile for the benefit of his/her students.
(3) Ability to use and leverage IT in teaching and setting assessment and examination papers.
(4) Ability to interact with the students, particularly, ages from 12 to 18 years old.
(5) Being a good team player with ability to work and collaborate with fellow colleagues and be open to suggestions/advice from supervisors /HOD
(4) Willingness to follow school rules
(5) Ability to take necessary action without instruction.
(6) Willingness to shoulder additional workload when required
Note: Even though fresh candidate may be considered. However, it is preferred for the candidate to have at least two years of teaching experience in Biology, Chemistry and/or Physics at high school (up to A-levels) and skills in class management besides the proficiency in the subject matter. The candidate must be able to adapt to the working conditions and environment in Myanmar.