We are hiring Principle System Designer Mechatronics for a Premium Dutch client.
This is permanent opportunity with client and location will be Onsite -China.
As the Principal System Designer Mechatronics, you are the tip of the sword in defining and designing new high-tech mechatronics systems and equipment for the semiconductor, analytical and healthcare & life sciences industry. The first projects will revolve around stage technology for the semiconductor industry and the design of equipment for the analytical and healthcare & life sciences industry.
Working at client means working together with a team of driven, smart and fun colleagues on versatile and varied high-tech solutions that make a difference.
As the Principal System Designer Mechatronics, you will play a key leadership role in clients development centre. You will be working in an international team and in different markets with career growth opportunities in various fields.
High Speed Rail New Town, Xiangcheng district, Suzhou
As the Principal System Designer Mechatronics, you are responsible for the mechatronics design aspects in the Product Creation Process (PCP). You oversee and direct all activities related to the mechatronics design of the product throughout the completion of the V-cycle, from concept to integration.
During the projects, you are able to work autonomously and you communicate closely with architects and principal designers from other disciplines within your local team and the team in the Netherlands. Additionally, you maintain excellent communication channels with your customers. From a design perspective, you disassemble a system’s architecture and its interfaces into monodisciplinary subcomponents and you are able to design the mechatronics related components and systems. During the design phase, you lead a team of designers and engineers. Next, you direct the testing and integration of these components and systems into the equipment-level architecture to meet the customer’s requirements. Throughout the V-cycle, you play a prominent role in the mitigation of technical risks and you assist in the creation of documentation of the system designs. You work in a multi-disciplinary team and you guide both mono-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary activities. You coach other team members and keep a good eye on the level of competence within the team.
1) Translation of system architecture and interfaces to mono-disciplinary components and subcomponents. Work packages include design and engineering work and material costs, plus an estimation of the schedule and overall budget. 2) Responsible for the mechatronics design and integration aspects of the system for the entire V-cycle 3) Leading and overseeing the mechanical design team 4) Assisting in the generation of the documentation throughout the V-cycle in cooperation with the documentation engineers 5) Close communication with the customers to support the requirement engineering and verification process.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
1) Education and knowledge:
- Master degree or higher in mechatronics engineering or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience as a Principal System Designer - Working experience within an international company - Domain knowledge of the semiconductor industry or analytical equipment industry - Leadership in the disassembly of systems and their interfaces. Good skills in setting up such a disassembly from scratch. Can create a specific design for components and modules. Able to lead other System Designers in this process. - Excellent in translating functionals (and non-functionals) into mono-disciplinary electrical and mechanical design concepts. Able to provide motivation for the feasibility of a design. Has mastered tools for analyzing/simulating designs. - Experienced in organizing and defining design history files (DHF). Able to organize the structure of a device master record (DMR). Experienced in creating DMRs. Able to review DHF and/or DMR information. Can be appointed by Project Leader to sign off on documentation. - Experience in undertaking a complex PCP with more than five (multidisciplinary) team members. This skill is highly developed in his/her own area of expertise. - Acquainted with quality monitoring systems (QMS). The Project Leader can occasionally delegate responsibilities to a Principal System Designer.
3) Technical competencies and skills:
- Expert knowledge of measurement systems (linear, planar and rotary) - Expert knowledge of technologies regarding electromagnetic machines (including reluctance actuators), air bearings and force/torque actuation - Expert knowledge in the development of drive strategies - Expert knowledge of the design of control solutions - Deep knowledge of design principals for precision mechanics designs, from a mechatronics perspective - Familiar with DfX (mainly cost and manufacturing) - Good knowledge of dynamic design and modeling of dynamic, and/or quasi-static behavior - Good knowledge of electrical design - Knowledge of design for contamination prevention is a plus - Knowledge of electronics design and embedded software is a plus
4) Personal skills:
- Very good communicator - Structured way of working, punctual - Strong leadership skills - Analytical minded
5) Language proficiencies:
- English: Working proficiency in spoken and written English
6) Travel frequency:
- Frequent traveling to visit customers, mainly domestic - Limited traveling to Europe
Working Relationships: - Reports to: Head of the Client China Mechatronics department
Please write on email@example.com to know more about this opportunity