Leading Company in Oil & Gas Exploration in KSA, a company created in 1966 as a limited liability partnership between Industrialization and Energy Services Company (TAQA 51% shareholding) and Compagnie Generale Geophysics (now CGGVeritas) all which owns the Remaining 49%. Based in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia, it is the first majorit Saudi capital company of its kind in the Middle East that specializes in supplier providing land, shallow water and marine seismic data acquisition, processing services as well as other geophysical R & D and surveying services for petroleum, mining and groundwater resources. For Saudi Aramco, two broad 3D land seismic crews are currently operational as well as two-Ocean-Bottom Cable (OBC) crews in the Arabian Gulf. In late 2009, company successfully completed a shallow marine 3D seismic survey over the Safaniyah Field and has an extensive marine survey in participation with CGGVeritas in the Arabian Gulf.

Developing human capital plays a significant role in establishing the company's excellence. Company takes pride in developing qualified Saudi professionals through intensive field-based training programs in both Saudi Arabia and abroad


Roles and Responsibilities

Explore career opportunity with a company created in 1966 as a limited liability partnership between Industrialization and Energy Services Company (TAQA 51% shareholding) and Compagnie Generale Geophysics (now CGGVeritas) all which owns the Remaining 49%. Based in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia, it is the first majorit Saudi capital company of its kind in the Middle East that specializes in supplier providing land, shallow water and marine seismic data acquisition, processing services as well as other geophysical R & D and surveying services for petroleum, mining and groundwater resources. For Saudi Aramco, two broad 3D land seismic crews are currently operational as well as two-Ocean-Bottom Cable (OBC) crews in the Arabian Gulf. In late 2009, company successfully completed a shallow marine 3D seismic survey over the Safaniyah Field and has an extensive marine survey in participation with CGGVeritas in the Arabian Gulf.
Developing human capital plays a significant role in establishing the company's excellence. Company takes pride in developing qualified Saudi professionals through intensive field-based training programs in both Saudi Arabia and abroad.

Designation : IT Support Specialist / IT Crew Support

Reports to: IT Crew Support Unit Head

Years of Experience : 5+ Years ( 3+ Years of Relevant work experience in Linux & Storage ).

Qualifications:
•Relevant diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology
•Linux and Storage certification
•CCENT or CCNA certification is a plus

Work Location : Al Khobar , Saudi Arabia

Job Description

Part of the IT Crew Support team that is responsible for planning, designing, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining IT infrastructure in crew operating onshore/offshore at different location (KSA, Egypt, Oman and other). Troubleshooting issues, interacting with OEM support and documentation will be required on regular basis.

Skills Required
•Linux (Debian/RHEL) –
 Installing different distro, Resolving Boot issues, reviving broken system, Resolving/troubleshooting file system corruption, networking, storage NFS, NIS, NTP, Samba, HPC Cluster, Software Raid.
•Automating routine tasks using scripting and crontab.
•Storage – NAS/DAS/SAN from different OEM(NetApp/Dell), IBM 3592, QNAP NAS storage.
•Networking(basic): Switch configurations (Cisco or others), switching and routing, Firewall configurations (FortiGate), WAN Tunnel configuration
•Installing, racking, and cabling Compute (Dell/HP), Storage (NetApp/Dell/Panasas), and Networking equipment (Cisco/Extreme) as per best practices in HA mode.
•SeisSpace, Geovation, or any other processing software, ArcGIS/QGIS, GPSeismic, Geoland/Omni or any other surveying software,RadExPro or any other Real Time QC, PBS or any other queuing software, Linux HPC cluster.
•Working knowledge of supporting and maintaining Data center Facility like power (UPS), cooling (CRAC/AC)
•Working knowledge of data acquisition, QC, seismic data format SEGD/SEGY, Traces, Geophones/Hydrophones, Sercel 508XT/Innova

Responsibilities
•Deployment of IT Infrastructure for Seismic Crew operations on Land, Vessels, and remote sites (HQ in KSA – current operations in UAE, OMN, EGY, and expanding).
•Design, document, install, and deploy highly available seismic clusters.
•Design, planning and configuration of network.
•Pre-study and site preparation.
•Documentation, Support and Change Management.
•Liaise with software providers of Seismic Software for Installation and Troubleshooting.
•Liaise with software providers for hardware upgrades, capacity planning and license management.
•Proficient in IT Hardware setup and integration (Server Nodes, Storage, Tape Libraries and Network Switches).
•Proficient in Linux operating system (Debian, RHEL, Ubuntu, etc.)
•Work in Matrix organization to support Crew Mobilization/Demobilization and Operations R&D Projects
•Inventory and Asset Management – QC IT Inventory and BOQ of all sites.
•Perform all above by following Company IT standards (policies, security, documentation, SLA, etc.)

Personal Specifications
•Should be comfortable working in onshore/offshore crew at different location.
•Comfortable liaising with QC teams of varying expertise and seniority.
•Have excellent problem-solving skills.
•Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
•Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
•Have good communication and listening skills.
•Enjoy communicating with people with patience, energy, and respect, and with a con-do attitude.

If the mentioned opportunity is relevant and of your interest, share your updated CV in word format along with the following details:
Current Company:
Current Work Location:
City of Residence :
Passport Status and Validity:
Are you open to work in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia (Yes/No):
Total Years of Experience :
Years of Relevant experience in IT Support :
Years of Experience in Linux :
Years of Experience in Storage Management :
List the key skills you have ( based on the job description ) which makes you relevant for this opportunity.
Current CTC :
Expected CTC:
Notice Period:
Reason for Change :


Reach me on +91 9818718884 OR maneesh@prowess.in

Post a Comment

 
Top