The Systems Engineer will be responsible for Design, consulting and support for Servers, storage and virtualization products. The candidate should be able to
- Consults and advises on complex technical questions related to entire enterprise ecosystem
- Acting as a key member on various projects executing tasks, including: configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings, and implementation of new features and tasks
- In addition to their technical expertise, maintains direct linkage into other key internal organizations necessary for fast problem escalation and expedited resolution status
- Providing problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with suppliers and customer required to provide the support
The System Engineer should have the following technical capabilities
- Should have a good knowledge and hands on experience with ORACLE/DELL/IBM/EMC server /storage hardware. To monitor performance issues on Servers & Storage perform health checks.
- Should be able to do OS installation, upgrade ate troubleshooting. OS service pack/patches installation.
- Should be able to Investigate cause of unexpected server crash, service crash and provide RCA & onetime fix, as and when required.
The Engineer should have experience on
- Redhat/Suse Linux, UNIX, Sun Solaris 10, 11 Server support, Troubleshooting UNIX environment, Solaris zones, containers and ZFS filesystem troubleshooting.
- Hands on Experience on EMC VMAX, Unity, Power path, Networker, Brocade/Cisco SAN Switches
- Installing, Managing and Troubleshooting Windows Server family, Exchange Server, DAG and System Center
- Experience on Dell PowerEdge Rack and blade servers, Oracle Sparc and X86 server, Lenovo rack and blade servers
- Experience on VMware vCenter and ESXi configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Should have proficiency in managing and troubleshooting SAN & NFS storage ,Tape Libraries from EMC-DELL, Lenovo & Oracle
- Proficiency on Replication Technologies, Server Hardware, Host Integration.
Desired Candidate Profile
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- BS/BTECH or Equivalent
- 4 to 6years of experience
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- Dell EMC Oracle, VMWare & Microsoft Certifications