- Experience in setting and operating VMC CNC machines is absolutely essential. Candidate must know how to independently set a workpiece, take work offsets, take tool offsets and create 2D and 2.5D machining programs on Siemens controllers.
- Machining experience in injection moulds or blow moulds is necessary. The ideal candidate would know which tools to use, speeds/feeds to use, and suggest efficient machining methods.
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years of experience in using CAM software for 3-axis CNC VMC machines (Autodesk Powermill or Fusion 360 preferred)
- Knowledge of 2D modelling/drawing software e.g. AutoCAD is also necessary.
- Experience in using Siemens Sinumerik VMC controller is strongly preferred.
- A diploma in/from Mechanical Engineering, tool & die making, CIPET or similar.
- Experience in 3D Surface Modellingis extremely desirable and will set you apart from other candidates as a front-runner
** YOUR CAM PROGRAMMING PROFICIENCY WILL BE ASSESSED IN A TECHNICAL INTERVIEW. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE PROFICIENT AT CAM, OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE WASTING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME **
- Work with and instruct the CNC operators on tasks for CNC VMC machines
- Create CNC programs on 3-axis VMCs
- Manage CNC VMC tool inventory
- Continuously investigate and recommend new machining approaches and methods