Villa Hotels & Resorts is a trading name of Villa Shipping & Trading Company Private Limited, Maldives.
Villa Hotels & Resorts was established mainly for the purpose of managing and marketing the resorts owned and operated by the Villa Group of Companies. Currently, Villa Group owns and manages five exclusive island resorts which are amongst the finest in the Maldives.
All Villa resorts are private, self contained and offer services at the highest possible quality . Ranging from 3 - 5 star standard, these resorts have the widest choice of facilities in the Maldives.
Mr. Qasim Ibrahim, is the Founder, Chairman and the Managing Director of the Villa Group
Responsible for the cultivation and care of the landscaping and ground surrounding of the island. Landscaper is to build, maintain gardens and required to work under supervision of a management as part of a team, to deliver high quality garden and grounds maintenance or landscaping on the island. You will be expected to be friendly and work with confidence and enthusiasm, be self-motivated, adaptable, proactive and be a team player.
Main duties and responsibilities of the job:
1. Perform groundskeeping and building maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways and other duties.
2. Uphold the landscaping design and ensure plant growth.
3. Mow lawn either by hand or using a riding lawnmower.
4. Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls.
5. Landscape by planting new decorative bushes, flowers and shrubs.
6. Fertilize the lawns and plants and apply any herbicides or pesticides to keep the foliage healthy and thriving.
7. Keep plants and flowers healthy by pruning and trimming trees and shrubs and weeding.
8. Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in groundskeeping.
9. Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
10. Water plants and grass as needed and apply fertilizer.
11. Supervise maintenance repairs to equipment, landscape structures, outdoor furniture, and walkways.
12. Advise and aware the team on how to look after the landscape.
13. Coordinate with garden designers and landscape architects to ensure the garden meets the management expectations.
Qualification & Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
2. A minimum of 2 years experience in a landscaping or groundskeeping role.
3. Hotels and Resorts experience would be an added advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and competency
1. High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and Team Management.
2. Good stamina and physical health
3. Must be able to safely operate maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers
4. Strong knowledge of pest management and basic lawn maintenance
5. Working knowledge of horticulture
6. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
7. Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
8. Ability to work in a variety of outside conditions for long periods of time.
9. Ability to work under pressure with Multinational and Multilingual environment.
Person in this post may be required to work on odd hours depending on daily work schedule. And working hours maybe be long and uneven