Familiar with manufacturing process for fabrication of related components and assemblies.
Good knowledge of time study and industrial engineering norms.
Able to generate weekly, monthly production schedules considering the actual job status in primavera or latest software for job scheduling.
Able to analyze systems and formulate programmes.
Updating the schedule, progress charts, graphs, slides as required & as instructed by the planning superintendent.
Preparation of all documents related to production periodically or as per contract requirement to submit to the client.
To prepare recovery plans in case delay in any activities, to cover the completion as actually scheduled.
5.1 Technical Competencies:
Degree or Diploma mechanical engineering with sufficient training in working with computer software systems.
5 years experience as planner/scheduler in heavy engineering fabrication company or construction firm.
Experience in using latest software like Prima Vera’, MS Projects and any planning software for job mentioned in job summary.
Familiar with ISO Quality System ISO 9001 – 2008.
Knowledge in network analysis and PERT CPM preferred.
5.2 Behavioral Competencies:
Good communication skills.
Teamwork attitude & hard working,
Having initiative & motivation.
- Must have, as a minimum qualification, a Higher National Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have at least 15 years experience of maintenance work in the oil or petrochemical industry (static equipment) of which at least 3 years should have been spent in a senior supervisory capacity.
- Must have a sound knowledge of Refinery equipment and be able to ensure that all maintenance work is carried out to high professional standards.
- Must have a detailed knowledge of project planning techniques and understand the concepts of network and critical paths. Must have a sound knowledge of expected work rates for all crafts.
- Will be the focal point from parent company during all shutdowns.
- Authoritative, promote safety awareness, maintain discipline and enforce good timekeeping in his workforce. He shall possess a strongsense of responsibility and dedication.
- Fully familiar with, and competent in all aspects of Refinery equipment maintenance and repair techniques.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of standard computer packages.
- Physically fit and capable of working outdoors in all seasons in a Gulf environment.
- Ensuring that the key Technical Staff, Safety Engineer, Safety Officers, QCs and workforce are performing their roles.
- Ensuring performance and work progress, etc. records are available ready at the Contractors site office.
- Review and analyze shutdown work lists.
- Arrange for the preparation of plans for all shutdown work based on work lists.
- Fully involve and coordinate with client (SDMM Engineers) and the other contractors Planning Engineers/Planners/Supervisors to provide all necessary inputs to finalize the primavera plan and the manning levels/resources required to execute the assigned T&I/shutdown work as per schedule.
- Review and analyze the T&I/Shutdown Worklist and Equipment Purchase and Repair Committee (EP&RC) document to provide accurate inputs to finalize the materials to be made available for T&I/shutdown work. Review shutdown material lists with client (SDMM Engr.) and populate Shutdowns Materials Control System (MCS) with data.
- Plan and execute all agreed pre-shutdown activities including submission of organization charts, site preparations, establishment facilities, site placement of Contractor supplied tools and equipment, timely completion of pre-fabrication works, etc.
- Co-ordinate and take full responsibility for the allocated Shutdown Section activities.
- Mobilize/demobilize all technical staff, supervisors and craftsmen in accordance with the approved manning levels and agreed mobilization/demobilization schedule.
- Be fully familiar with all shutdown work related to his areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the continual review and updating of the shutdown plans.
- Be dedicated 100% of his time to the shutdown activity for the period for which manning level is issued by the company.
- Responsible for tracking and execution of all Inspection Work Lists (IWLs) items assigned to the Contractor during shutdowns/T&Is.
- Liaise effectively with client’s representatives. Coordinate and resolve problems for smooth progress of T&I/shutdown work.
- Effectively supervise the shutdown supervisors.
- Ensure that all of the Turnovers and Log Sheets are accurate and legible.
- Continuously monitor and report progress to appropriate client representatives.
- Based on shutdown progress, recommend manpower increases or reductions, as applicable.
- Ensure that all completion dates are met or improved upon and justify any deviations.
- Demobilize resources safely and in a planned manner.
- Produce a comprehensive post Shutdown Report.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and timely entry of time sheets into CMM.
- Clear shutdown site of all materials, equipment, cabins, etc.
- Make recommendations for future shutdowns
Reports to : QA/QM Team Leader
Location :Hidd, Kingdom of Bahrain
Responsible for the development coordination and maintenance of the quality program
Will report to and work under the supervision of Project QC Superintendent and responsible for all quality related work.
External : Clients inspectors, support services for NDE & PWHT.
Internal : QHSE, Engineering & Estimation, Procurement, Production & Project.